Rheem today released a new EcoNet® App 2.0 with a complete redesign and a number of functionality improvements. The updated interface prioritizes the monitoring, control and protection aspects of Rheem smart connected products.
Specific product enhancements:
* Gas Water Heaters: new scheduling capability
New features include:
* Simpler account and WiFi set up process
* Text or email option password and account verification
* Multi-account authorization for multiple people to access product controls
* Geo-location assignment for future fencing applications, such as automated away settings coming soon
* Easier to understand performance and service alerts
* More modern design harmonized with the look of the Smart Thermostat
* Superior Usage Reports
* Compare month-to-month, year-to-year
* Downloadable reports for easy bill comparison
* Faster set up and integration with Google Assistant, Google Nest and Alexa
* In-App Rate This App
* In-app tips, Energy Saving Kudos and Partner opportunity promotions
Updated Contractor tools:
* Contractor Connection portal
* Stores contractors contact information on a preferred Vendor screen
* New Diagnostic Screen (onsite troubleshooting assistant)
* More options for one-button service requests (email, call or 1-800 manufacturing line)
EcoNet is developed as a service, and receives new features on a regular basis.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
How do you mess so much that everything from settings to connections becomes a headache!
Within same app, sometimes it’s in C and sometimes in F. The worst heading / cooling UI element.
I don’t even wanna talk about things stop responding while in use.
App Kicks you out
When furnace is heating to temp, you can’t adjust it higher or lower, it just kicks you out of the app !!!
Waste on time/money
The print of the WiFi symbol on the box for the water heater looked good and that’s where it ended. This app and the WiFi adaptation is useless. Don’t know what it’s supposed to do but it doesn’t control the temperature of the hot water heater.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.