Herbicide resistance is one of the most difficult issues that farmers face each season. Already over 40 weed species have been confirmed to be resistant to one or multiple herbicide groups in Canada. Farmers know that they need to switch herbicide chemical modes of action (MOA) to stay ahead of resistance, but that can be a complicated task as more weeds species develop resistance to more chemical groups.
Now there’s Savvy Resistance Manager (H), the first app that quickly identifies every registered herbicide that will control any herbicide resistant weed in any crop in Canada.
Results in just 4 easy steps:
• Step 1 – Choose your region
• Step 2 – Choose a herbicide resistant weed
• Step 3 – Choose what chemical group(s) the weed is
• Step 4 – Choose the crop you plant to grow
Savvy Resistance Manager then lists every Canadian registered herbicide brand labelled to control the weed species chosen, but which uses a non-resistant mode of action. You can even choose your preferred herbicide application method to further refine your search.
- Includes all weeds confirmed to be herbicide resistant
- Easy to use menu allows users to select which
chemical modes of action their weed is resistant to (for
ease-of-use it only lists confirmed resistance groups
for each weed species)
- Includes Single and Multiple Resistance weed bio
- Identifies herbicides to control the resistant weed in
any of over 800 crops grown in Canada
- Refine your search by selecting your preferred
herbicide application method
- Includes Canadian labels for all commercial herbicide
brands, generic brands, and co-packs
- Herbicide resistance data and brands are updated
NOTE: A Savvy Search account is required to use this app. Sign up for a FREE Savvy Search account within the app, or signup at www.savvyfarmer.com . (no credit card required)
- User can narrow down herbicide resistance weeds by their geography
- Added new feature to help users identify herbicide resistant Groups based on herbicides sprayed on their field
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.