Please scroll down for a description of the functions and newly added features:
Now you can watch TV anytime, anywhere with Shaw’s BlueCurve TV app -- from live sports to on-demand movies and shows, all rated and ranked. You can even download kids shows to watch on the go without an internet connection. And it's included with your Shaw TV subscription.
- Watch many of your favourite channels anywhere in Canada including HGTV, Food, Treehouse & Sportsnet.
- Shaw TV customers with a BlueCurve TV Player in their home can download any new PVR recordings to take on the go with the BlueCurve TV app! This feature is available in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and select surrounding areas now and will expand to other regions at a later date.
- Download select kids shows for on the go viewing
- Stream thousands of on-demand programs directly to your device
- Find what you're looking for fast with intelligent episode recommendations
- Search by network, TV series, program, movie or sports team
- Trusted movie ratings from Rotten Tomatoes and Flixster
- Easily pick up where you left off with an entire year of viewing history tracked
- Keep your kids safe with advanced parental controls
- Manage your streaming devices and On Demand downloads from within the BlueCurve TV app.
Requirements & Restrictions:
- Available to Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct residential TV subscribers
- Download-to-Go PVR recordings requires a BlueCurve TV Player
- Two devices per account can actively stream video on BlueCurve TV at one time
- Five devices per account can be registered for download-to-go functionality. Ten unique titles can be checked out per registered device for up to 30 days.
- Based on your subscription and content restrictions, only select on-demand programs and TV channels are available
- Streaming is available anywhere in Canada while connected to a WiFi or cellular network (data charges may apply)
Using your Shaw account and WiFi/cellular network information, the Shaw BlueCurve TV App will:
- Enable streaming of live or available content in accordance with Shaw’s License Agreements, content agreements and regional restrictions.
- Synchronize to the schedule in your current region and effect blackout requirements through use of approximate network location and device.
Using your Photo/Media/Files permissions, the Shaw BlueCurve TV App will:
- Temporarily store, modify or delete the programming content stored on the device.
- Test access to protected storage for the purpose of facilitating user data retrieval and use of content for registered devices to facilitate technical assistance should network access be denied and to increase the application productivity.
Using your Network access permissions, the Shaw BlueCurve TV App will:
- View connection information and see available Wi-Fi connections to enable the app to connect to the Wi-Fi network;
- Detect the network state, read the device status, detect running apps, view app history and identity to implement network preference.
Using your Location permissions, the Shaw BlueCurve TV App will:
- Determine if your device is located within Canada to ensure that you can watch the BlueCurve TV content included in your TV plan subscription. This data is not retained or further used by Shaw.
- Utilize local notifications for download progress;
- Read and utilize device accessibility features
App access is only available to Shaw TV subscribers. Channel availability is based on customer’s TV subscription and Shaw’s mobile distribution rights. Subject to internet connectivity.
We've fixed a few bugs and added some performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why is Air Play blocked? Why not let us use the app as we want? By putting limitations, it doesn't look good. Otherwise, great for on the go, but it still needs the ability to Air Play in order to get a better rating.
Why has Shaw suddenly made their App in compatible with older devices. I have two older iPads of different generations, both running IOS later than 12, but the app as of this morning starts but will not run video. It fails with a error to update the app, but guess what, no update of the app is available. I’ve been a Shaw customer for 20 years, but guess they don’t care much about that.
Upgrade to Blue Curve TV
Since the update from Free Range TV to Blue Curve TV you took away the option to watch Canucks games outside your home Province. I was always able to watch the games when I was out of town in Alberta or Ontario on Sportsnet Pacific from Free Range but now it is Blacked Out in Blue Curve since the update. Way to go Shaw you screwed your customers again.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reaching out! Blackout restrictions imposed by the NHL haven't changed with the BlueCurve TV app. You can find the NHL's blackout guide for the Canucks here: https://nhllive.com/en/support-game-availability-bcyk
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Shaw Cablesystems G.P.
- 107.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2015 Shaw Cablesystems G.P.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.