*** The original and only iOS shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from photos for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
The app displays the count for still photos by default - purchase the optional Live View Pack to get additional counters that also cover videos. The Live View Pack is available as an in-app purchase for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The optional Plus Pack enables graphing, forecasting, history deduplication and Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright info setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import). The Plus Pack is available as an in-app purchase.
Certified cameras (direct connection):
• Canon 1DC/1DX (via Ethernet or WFT-E6); 5D3 (via WFT-E7); 5D4; 5DS/5DSR (via W-E1); 6D/6D2; 7D2 (via W-E1 or WFT-E7); 70D/77D/80D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/9000D/M50/R/RP; Kiss M/X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
These Canon cameras must be paired directly with ShutterCount using the "EOS Utility" connection mode via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The camera and your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same wireless network. Personal Hotspot created on iPhone can be used to connect the camera to.
Certified cameras (using photos, requires iOS 12 or later):
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/Df/Z6/Z7; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (using photos, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon 1D2/1D2N/1D3/1Ds2/1Ds3
Original photos must be imported to Photos first.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
• Added support for Canon EOS RP and 250D/Rebel SL3/Kiss X10/200D Mark II.
• Added shutter rating for Nikon D850.
• Auto power off is prevented on connected Canon cameras by default. It can be disabled in the menu.
WHAT'S NEW IN THE PLUS PACK
New features for Canon EOS cameras:
• The copyright information template provides an easy way to set and maintain author and copyright metadata. Supports tokens for the current year (so it's always up-to-date), owner/author name and the copyright symbol. Also sets copyright tags in IPTC information on cameras having IPTC support.
• Owner name editing. Click the "Owner Name" label on the "Summary" tab or choose "Camera Settings" and then "Edit Owner Name" in the menu to edit it.
• IPTC export/import for cameras that support IPTC information (EOS-1D X Mark II, 5D Mark IV, R). The created files are compatible with Kuuvik Capture and Canon EOS Utility.
• Date/time is synchronized immediately on all connected cameras when "Sync Camera Date/Time" is set.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked great on Canon 80D
Super easy and worked flawlessly on iPad and connecting to camera via Wifi. If it's not working for you it's because you are doing wrong. Follow the instructions
How can I get money back
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 3.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 9.7-inch Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2013-2019 DIRE Studio Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Plus Pack $6.99
- Live View Pack $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.