The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimized to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalized messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons and Mojis, and react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 50 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, plan or play with bots, add-ins, and personalized features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We’re listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here’s what's new:
- Now you can have big conversations, because Skype calls now support up to 100 participants for audio group calls
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing a small feature
I’m missing the feature that shows if someone is online or not! Now I waste time calling only to be told they aren’t on line! I liked that small green indicator!
Advice to Skype
Stop asking me to Rate the App every time I use Skype. Am using to FaceTime much more because of this. Your CEO must be an idiot
Clunky and unintuitive for 2018
Even after several years under the ownership of Microsoft, the Skype UI remains abysmal. A good UI should present an obvious path to get the job done - in this case 99% of the time that’s making a call from a contact, saving a contact, or just pulling up the keypad for a one-off call. This is not rocket science. There are acres of unused real estate where primary functions could be highlighted. Instead you have obscure drop down menus, tiny fonts, and miniature icons lurking in odd corners. There is also a strange logic to how things are done. Try editing a contact’s phone number for example. Trust me, it’s not a fun ride. The acid test is if you hand your device to a Skype newbie and watch them struggle for minutes to figure out how to get from A to B for a simple task like “call my brother”. This software seems stuck at the programmer development phase with little UI end-user trialing. Lazy and totally unacceptable. If there were viable alternatives I would go there in a heartbeat, but until then Skype holds the monopoly for call reliability and market saturation.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 138.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $6.99
- Skype Credit $13.99
- Skype Credit $34.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.