From the makers of the award winning SkyView® app comes a stunning new way to discover over 20,000 satellites day or night.
Satellite spotting is now for everyone. Just point your iPhone at the sky to identify the International Space Station, Hubble, GPS satellites, and thousands more as they soar above your location.
Discover new and interesting satellites in Earth mode. Pan around the Earth, touch satellites over distant countries, zoom-in for a close-up view, and take wonderful photos to share with friends.
• Simple: Point your iPhone at the sky to identify satellites passing overhead at your location.
• Interactive: Pan around Earth to discover new satellites and zoom-in for a beautiful 3D close-up view.
• Customizable: Build a list of your favorite satellites and filter other satellites from your view.
• Sighting reminders: Quickly schedule reminders to notify you when a visible satellite will be in the sky above your location.
• Night friendly: Preserve your night vision with two easy-access night modes (red or green filters).
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Space Junk: Uncover thousands of rocket bodies and other space debris that orbit Earth.
• Mobile: Does not require a data signal or GPS to function, take it anywhere.
• Comprehensive: Includes 20,000 satellites with thousands of facts, descriptions, tidbits, and satellite images.
This version of SkyView® Satellite Guide supports new screen sizes and corrects a bug concerning world view!
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t download it
I updated my phone 2 weeks ago to iPhone 7 Plus and I cant download it why is this happening
Fantastic educational app!
Really enjoy this app for its forecasting and tracking. It greatly aids in the finding of objects like the International Space Station. Keeps the kids involved. Makes looking up at the night sky fun and full of wonder. We are there. We are there. We are there.
So close to being 5 Stars
Honestly it looks amazing. And is very useful if you want to see where a particular satellite is in the sky in real time.
Unfortunately the search by text function seems not actually search satellites.
Even with that deficiency it would get 5 stars from me if you could just set up multiple favourite categories.
Better yet if it could let you browse satellite constellations like Argos which is made up of satellites with very different names. When you read the description it does say whether a satellite is Argos, but the link takes you to an unrelated satellite by the same name.
I think this deserves more than 3 stars and I do not regret the purchase but these issues should be fairly easy to fix and vastly improve the app for anyone who really needs to know satellite location in real time.
Footprint would be a good addition as well for anyone doing satellite communication. That combined with more sophisticated satellite management could justify a higher price “pro” version. It is cool to see all the satellites I’m not specifically interested in, but I would rather choose between favourite groups I choose than categories of hundreds or thousands of satellites at a time.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.