Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
• We’ve updated all the background things to ensure that whenever a new OS update may arrive, Slack will continue to work perfectly. Or, at least, work as expected.
• Now, when we check for network connectivity, it’s more reliable than it was before. Making for a quicker connection, and less frustration
Ratings and Reviews
Reporting a bug and a feature request
1. This bug is present in both the web version and the app. When I login in the web or open the Slack app, I appear as Active even though I set it to Away the last time I closed this application. Then I get an alert message saying I am not Active and if I wanted to be Active. When I click “Yes set me to Active”, it switches me to Away. But if I click “No still Away”, it makes me Active. This is a funny bug and I am surprised its present in the web version and the app.
2. Signing up for new workspace did not seem to me intuitive. I would like to have a notification in my Slack app that says you have invitation for this workspace. Instead, I receive an email and I have to click Join workspace there.
3. For people who are using multiple workspaces, there should be an option to become Active and Away on all the workspaces.
Developer Response ,
So sorry for the trouble with this. We're working on this bug at the moment, and we hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release! We're very sorry for the wait time on this.
Terrible resource hog
I resent having to install Slack because it has a ridiculously high memory footprint and is occasionaly repsonsible for maxing out my CPU when one of its multitudinous Slack_Helper processes goes into a tailspin.
I dream of a day when the developers of Slack will focus on performance over features. I'm actually flipping the bird at my screen as I finish writing this sentence.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. CPU and memory usage is something we're focused on improving, as we know it could be a lot better! We'd love to dig into this experience further with you, so please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Multi window support please.
I love Slack on iOS for team collaboration and the macOS app comes close but is missing a multi window feature which is the biggest advantage you’d get on a Mac vs. iOS — frankly, probably the only reason for it to exist on a Mac. Please allow multiple instances of Slack to run so that a user can create a sort of “command centre” of their Slacks on diferent macOS Spaces.
Native support would be great but I don’t notice this that often enough for it to be a problem… yet.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This is a great suggestion, and we will be sure to share it with our team for future consideration. If there is anything more we can help with, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.