** Now featuring SMART Notebook Maestro which connects SMART Notebook for iPad to SMART Notebook software. Visit http://go.smarttech.com/notebook-maestro-download to download the Notebook Maestro Add-On to enable this feature in SMART Notebook desktop. **
SMART Notebook for iPad is a light version of the SMART Notebook collaborative learning software. Using this app, you can both use and edit SMART Notebook lesson activities for individual and collaborative learning with an iPad.
• Pens and Erasers. Draw and write using coloured digital pens and highlighters and choose from multiple ink colours including Crayon and Calligraphic Ink, pen thicknesses and eraser sizes.
• Text. Insert or edit typed text and change the font type, colour, size and justification on the page using Text Properties.
• Objects. Organise information and change the page layout. Tap to move, rotate or scale an object.
• Double-tap or tap and hold an object to cut, copy, paste, lock and unlock objects or to change their order. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to activate the Infinite Cloner and to change the sound properties.
• Shape and Line tool. Add shapes and lines to your file and choose the fill colour, line colour and thickness.
• Photos. Make files visual by inserting photos from the iPad Camera and Camera Roll.
• Sound. Enhance the auditory experience by adding sound recordings to objects. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to view the context menu and record a new sound.
• Share files. Share SMART Notebook files by emailing or upload to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or Google Drive account.
• Integrated with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Keep your SMART Notebook files up-to-date across multiple devices with iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive integration. One tap on the iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive icon in the SMART Notebook app for iPad file manager and you can quickly login to your iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive account to download or upload SMART Notebook files.
• SMART Notebook Maestro: Connect your iPad to SMART Notebook Desktop
• Multi select using marquee select
• Group/Ungroup annotations
• Auto group ink
• Integrated assessment. Easily complete assessments using SMART Response VE.
• Display content. Show content from an iPad on an interactive whiteboard for the whole class to see using AirPlay and an Apple TV or using an HDMI or VGA cable with the proper connectors.
• Save As. Save the file with a new name to create multiple copies with unique file names.
• Revert to Original. With one tap, you can quickly reset a file to the original version for another group of students to complete.
• Adds the familiar creative pen tool and styles from the desktop version
• Support for object animation
• Additional support for page links
• Fixes Google Drive integration
• Fixes Dropbox integration
Ratings and Reviews
Only one major flaw so far
I use this for a lot of things, but I have found lately that Inlose a lot of work because it doesn’t auto save, so you hit one wrong key or something glitches and it’s all gone, learned my lesson not to do important documents on here. Also when you go to save it you have to save as a different file name, so every minute you back up so you don’t lose anything, by the end of the day you have 10 copies, then you have to go delete the other 9. Otherwise I would give it a 5 for sure.
One big flaw!
This app used to open attached web links and now will not. I could create an activity on a Mac or PC and attach web links to objects. I could open that activity on the iOS app and still have the links work, but no more! I need this functionality to recommend this app to school staff.
I've used Smart Notebook for Mac and Windows ever since they made the application. I used it up until this last semester every day for teaching and found it a great, engaging and interactive environment for classes. This semester I decided to use my iPad for all classes. This necessitated finding the right tool. Smart Notebook for the iPad is that tool. Although it doesn't have all the tools it's bigger brother has, it has all the tools I need to maintain that engaging, interactive environment for my students. Yes, there's been some versions which haven't worked really well (slow stylus response, Apple Pencil palm troubles) but with this latest release those issues have been dealt with. Now, we just need the ability to export as PDFs and, perhaps, record and send to YouTube ...
- SMART Technologies ULC
- 107.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1995-2017 SMART Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.