Bike smarter with SmartHalo, a minimalist, award-winning, circular interface that pairs with your iPhone to elevate your cycling experience. This is the smart biking device you’ve been waiting for.
FIND YOUR WAY AROUND
Get turn-by-turn navigation straight on your handlebars, through an intuitive halo of light. Let SmartHalo guide you towards the quickest and safest routes. When only the destination matters, compass mode only points you towards your destination; how you get there is up to you.
NIGHT LIGHTING DONE RIGHT
At night, it’s good to see and be seen. As soon as the sun sets, SmartHalo's light turns on automatically. When your ride is finished, it shuts down on its own. Magic.
KEEP YOUR BIKE SAFE FROM THIEVES
SmartHalo’s internal motion sensor makes sure that any persistent meddling with your sacred two-wheeler triggers a loud alarm.
SET GOALS. GET FIT. BIKE HARD
Feel like surpassing yourself? You can set fitness goals in the app and SmartHalo will display your progress in real time, right on your handlebars. Now with Apple Health app integration.
CALL AND SMS NOTIFICATIONS
Cyclists often miss important calls because of street noise and vibration. This is thing of the past with SmartHalo’s personal assistant.
We regularly update the app to bring you new features and fixes to bugs.
Release notes for this update:
- Fixed compass navigation bug affecting some iOS13 users
- Fixed navigation rerouting bug
- Minor UI tweaks for iOS13
Ratings and Reviews
The app works great
I have been using this app for a couple of weeks now and everything works great. Enables me to use the biking computer system easily and efficiently. No negative/constructive comments to make at this point.
Des trajets sécuritaires, des instructions claires, un phare, un système d’alarme et maintenant, un klaxon?! Quelle petite boîte parfaite. Intrigante, elle attire les regards et je me fais un malin plaisir à vanter tous ses atouts. Je suis comblée, merci!
Great system, improvement needed
I bough a smart halo because I needed a system to make navigation easier. On the positive side I am very happy with the system overall as it is extremely complete. It is:
- A navigation system
- An efficient anti thief system
- And also a lighter
Moreover is extremely robust and probably not removable.
On the negative side however, I am seing several issues.
First, in order to connect to your phone, the app needs to be opened, and it takes some time before the connection is effective. All of my bluethooth systems actually stay on the phone memory and get connected immediately, why does the smart halo not work this way ? I would really appreciate if the halo could connect to my phone without need of the app after the first configuration.
Second, the anti thieves system is not sensitive enough (even in the most sensitive mode). It will actually start beping once the bike is moving, If I take my bike and shake it nothing happens for a long time, leaving the opportunity for someone to break my U.
Third, the app seems not to have knowledge of road works, which surprises me since it is supposed to be connected to google. Gmaps and Smart Halo gives me different paths suggestions. Being able to customize the road more would be greatly appreciated: chose particular streets, directions, or even more a precise user-defined turn by turn navigation (I think this is on its way actually).
Last but not least, I am having regular issues with the navigation system. It either gives me wrong turns or misses turns at each ride, and I noticed the same issues at the exact same places everytime so I guess it is more a question of algorithm rather than localisation. Moreoever, the turn indication can be hard to decipher.
Since the development team is from Montreal, I am going to give examples they can reproduce:
- When going back home, corner St Patrick St and Charlevoix Street, via the Lachine Canal bike path (direction downtown to atwater), at the point where the cycling path rejoins the road, the cycling path is parallel to the street I need to take. However, in order to continue after crossing the road, this path takes a right turn at its very very end. When I am on the part which is parallel to my street, I receive an order to turn left. This is accurate only if I continue until the extreme end of the cycling path, but is totally misleading at the moment I receive the order.
- Going back from Longeuil to Montreal via Jacques Cartier, Corner St Laurent Ouest and Place Charles Le Moyne I ALWAYS receive an order to turn on Charles Le Moyne, however my track is very clear: straight.
- Going back from Longeuil to Montreal via Jacques Cartier, Corner St Laurent Ouest and La Fayette, I receive an order to turn right on La Fayette, which is right, however I should also immediately turn right to get on the cycling path, and the app always misses that second turn.
- Finally, when going further than your destination, the app has trouble making you an U-turn
As a suggestion, I would suggest that the turn direction could be showed as compass mode, based on the bikes direction rather than the road direction, It would be way easier to see if we are taking the turn correctly. There's already a compass mode but it's pointing only to the final direction, it should be a possibility in turn by turn navigation mode. I am going to Burlington next week using the Halo and it will be a major test for me.
So this is why I am only putting 3 stars at the app at the moment, currently, I have to pull out my cell phone too often, but give us a better navigation and I will immediately raise it to 5 stars as on the paper, this device is what every cyclist in the world should have. Also, as I do live in Montreal myself I will be happy to help if I may in any way.
- SmartHalo Technologies Inc.
- 135.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © CycleLabs
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.