Play Snake like it is 1997. This is a remake of the original Snake, complete with dot-matrix display and monotone sounds.
Rewind time and get a dosis of nostalgia that is as addictive (and frustrating) as the original.
Play Snake '97 and be prepared to lose some productive hours.
Simply launch the app, touch a button and start!
Snake '97 features:
- old school controls
- dot-matrix display
- original monotone sounds (bleep bleep)
- 9 original and 3 extra difficulty levels
- Snake 1 and classic Snake 2
- 7 classic game modes (5110, 3210, 8210, 8850 and 3310, 3410, 7110 with Snake 2)
- bonus creatures (Snake 2)
- go through the walls! (Snake 2)
- 5 original and 2 extra labyrinths (Snake 2)
- a high score that cannot be reset (just like the original)
The story behind this game is that my smartphone got damaged, requiring me to revert back to an old phone. Suddenly I knew the smartphone was missing something and the idea for a accurate Snake remake was born.
Snake '97 is an homage to the classic mobile phone game programmed in 1997.
By carefully analyzing the classic gameplay, timing and controls, this Snake '97 remake is one of the most accurate available.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to contact me.
Have Snake fun!
Best regards from Amsterdam,
- New: share game results with awesome screenshots
- Optimised graphics for new iPhones and iPads
- Bug fixes in gameplay and loading
- Added translations
Ratings and Reviews
La soule chose négative est que quant on par au début et que a la place de bouge par en avant ons bouge par en arrière sa marque game over.
I love this!! But you should probably add ⬆️⬅️⬇️➡️ buttons. 👌
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.