This app lets you connect wirelessly to a KeyMission 360 or KeyMission 170 to easily shoot/record, import, and change settings remotely. The app lets you edit images and movies as well.
Supported Digital Cameras as of July 2017
KeyMission 360, KeyMission 170
Note: Before using the app, update the camera firmware to the latest version. Visit the Nikon Download Center to get information on and download the latest firmware.
Note: For cameras other than those listed above, check "SnapBridge" and "Wireless Mobile Utility."
- Once the camera is paired with your iOS device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Movies and still images stored on the camera can be viewed (streaming playback).
- When connected to a KeyMission 360, touch operations can be used to move the viewpoint freely and view the image at any location.
- Simple editing of movies taken by the camera can be performed.
- Camera settings can be changed remotely from an iOS device.
- Photos can be uploaded automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (see Note 1 below).
- The camera can be operated from an iOS device to shoot and upload selected images.
- Photos downloaded to an iOS device can be viewed or shared via e-mail or social media.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 9.3, iOS 10.3, iOS 11.2, iOS12.3
Note: Under iOS 11.3 to 12.1, using live view during remote photography would sometimes interrupt the Wi-Fi connection.
iPhone 5 or later, fourth-generation iPad or later
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
Updating to Version 1.1
- Auto upload is now off by default.
- You will no longer be able to use auto upload to upload images at the original size.
- Note 1: Uploading photos to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- The default Wi-Fi password is "NikonKeyMission".
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually. Download is not available with AVI files.
- 4K UHD movie upload and playback are not supported on the iPhone 5 and some other devices.
- The app can connect to only one camera at a time.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
- An iOS device with a display resolution of WVGA (960 x 540 pixels) or better is required.
- The app requires 100 MB or more of free memory on the iOS device.
- Note 2: Operation not guaranteed on devices without GPS.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Using the App
For more information, use the app "Instructions" (online help) option.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc in the United States and other countries.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
All other tradenames mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Made some minor bug fixes.
The release of iOS 12.2 has fixed an issue with iOS 11.3 and later that could sometimes interrupt the Wi-Fi connection if live view was used during remote photography. Update to iOS 12.2 or later.
Be sure to update to the latest version of the camera firmware before using the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ios 13 not working
The description says the problem is resolved but i cannot connect to my phone for the life of me.
Discouraging that the last update was 9 months ago...
An interesting camera crippled by terrible software. Avoid at all costs.
Terrible App needs loads of work
This is likely the worst camera connect app I have ever used. The connection to the camera constantly drops and the ability to control the camera is slow and clumsy. I am sure it’s a combo of fixed firmware and software. Considering it is the only way to control the camera, it should be much more reliable. In addition the gallery access has absolutely no sort, or logic to you albums, pointless when trying to play back photos, or videos you uploaded to your smartphone.
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 65.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Nikon Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.