Spaces Digital Portfolio makes it easy for teachers and students to capture, communicate, and reflect on the growth that’s happening in and out of the classroom. Spaces integrates the incredible feedback we’ve received from more than 1 million students and educators in order to build the best digital portfolio for the classroom.
With Spaces, student progress becomes a two-way conversation.
As students work through your class, Spaces is their vehicle for capturing and communicating growth as it happens.
Encourage students to thoughtfully reflect on the classwork they’re already doing using any device they have handy.
Provide real-time feedback on student work through commenting and messaging without leaving the app.
Sign up for free today to give your students digital portfolios they will actually want to use!
Until early 2021, Spaces is in Early Access. What does this mean? We want to involve as many forward-thinking educators (like you) in the process of building Spaces. Your feedback and your requests will inform our product roadmap and shape what we build next.
Have your voice heard to contribute to a platform which supports educators and students in a meaningful way.
If this sounds like you, download the app and come aboard to shape the digital portfolio of the future!
Why use Spaces?
Spaces creates a digital learning environment for teachers and students to capture and reflect on learning.
• Capture photos, videos, audio and post to your classroom in real-time from the app
• Provide both real-time and asynchronous feedback on student work
• Give family a “desk-side” view into the classroom
• Individual Spaces: Create a safe one-on-one (teacher to student) space for your students to showcase their work in a portfolio, on topics, units, or self-reflections. Create Individual Spaces to better organize all of the work happening within your classroom and tie them to your own course objectives.
• Group Spaces: Spark collaboration with spaces for students to work on group projects, peer reviews, and more. Create your own groups or have them created for you. Group Spaces allow your students to cooperate, communicate, and easily share resources.
• Space to grow: Add unlimited files to student or teacher accounts
• Support for a wide variety of media types: Upload existing files (20 file types), capture content directly from your camera or microphone, add links from websites, or import from Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. You can add up to three media attachments to a post and every Space supports unlimited posts.
• Technical support for teachers and students: We offer an unparalleled support experience, including live chat support for all users & personalized onboarding and support for schools and districts.
• Direct Messages: Have direct, real-time conversations with students, teachers, family members with messages
• Drafts: Not ready to publish your post? Save posts as a draft so you can come back to them once you’re ready.
• Channels: With channels, you can send class announcements and communicate with all students, all family members, or both. You decide when and if to allow replies.
• Family accounts: Family members can create accounts to view, comment, and appreciate their student’s work, engage with posts, and message with the teacher.
• Advanced class settings and notifications, including options to enable private workspaces or collaboration-focused learning environments.
• FERPA & COPPA compliant privacy standards: Protecting student privacy is foundational in the design of this product.
• Additional language support
• Appreciations have now been updated to Reactions! Reactions allow your classroom to provide different emotional responses to posts, comments, and messages within your classroom.
• Now you can easily download the media that was uploaded as part of a post. Click those three dots on a post to access your downloadable media!
• Does your school use OneDrive business? Now you have access to OneDrive as a media option anywhere you can add and upload media.
• We now support HEIC files when uploading media
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This app is confusing
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Doublethink Inc.
- 55 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Doublethink Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.