Spaces: Authentic Assessment makes it easy for teachers and students to capture, communicate, and celebrate the growth that’s happening in and out of the classroom. Based on feedback from 15+ years of educator insight, Spaces Portfolio-Based Assessment (PBA) tools allow teachers to assign activities, collect evidence of learning in multiple formats, and assess student mastery of standards and competencies.
With Spaces, student assessment progress becomes a two-way conversation. Students can ask questions, receive teacher feedback, peer review, and share work in an authentic and flexible way - all without leaving the Spaces app.
As students work through your class, Spaces is your platform for capturing learning, providing continuous feedback and showing off students’ best work with their peers, families and teachers!
Encourage students to thoughtfully reflect on the work they’re already doing using any device they have handy, no matter where they are.
Provide real-time feedback on student work through commenting and messaging without leaving the app.
Bring Spaces into your classroom today and give your students their own space to learn, grow, and tell the stories behind their grades.
Why use Spaces?
Spaces creates a digital learning environment for teachers and students to capture and reflect on learning.
• Capture photos, videos, audio and post to your classroom in real-time from the app
• Provide both real-time and asynchronous feedback on student work
• Give family a “desk-side” view into the classroom
• Activities: Easily create, track, and review activities to engage students in the learning process and provide a space for self-reflection.
• Individual Spaces: Create a safe one-on-one (teacher to student) space for your students to showcase their work in a portfolio, on topics, units, or self-reflections. Create Individual Spaces to better organize all of the work happening within your classroom and tie them to your own course objectives.
• Group Spaces: Spark collaboration with spaces for students to work on group projects, peer reviews, and more. Create your own groups or have them created for you. Group Spaces allow your students to cooperate, communicate, and easily share resources.
• Space to grow: Add unlimited files to student or teacher accounts
• Support for a wide variety of media types: Upload existing files (20 file types), capture content directly from your camera or microphone, add links from websites, or import from Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. You can add up to three media attachments to a post and every Space supports unlimited posts.
• Technical support for teachers and students: We offer an unparalleled support experience, including live chat support for all users & personalized onboarding and support for schools and districts.
• Direct Messages: Have direct, real-time conversations with students, teachers, family members with messages
• Drafts: Not ready to publish your post? Save posts as a draft so you can come back to them once you’re ready.
• Channels: With channels, you can send class announcements and communicate with all students, all family members, or both. You decide when and if to allow replies.
• Family accounts: Family members can create accounts to view, comment, and appreciate their student’s work, engage with posts, and message with the teacher.
• Advanced class settings and notifications, including options to enable private workspaces or collaboration-focused learning environments.
• FERPA, COPPA, and PIPEDA compliant privacy standards: Protecting student privacy is foundational in the design of this product.
This release contains a number of exciting updates, including:
• Single Sign On (SSO) for Districts - Spaces Pro Districts can set up SSO for their teachers and students to log in with their District login credentials or directly from an SIS/LMS portal
• Several bug fixes and performance enhancements
• Copy improvements in a number of places in the app
Ratings and Reviews
This app is really good. I can upload and post things easily. It can be a little slow sometimes though.
Ms zanattas class
Hehe its rosalita from ms zanattas class spaces is good but some glitches that make my teacher stressed 🥲
This app is confusing
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Doublethink Inc.
- 82 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Doublethink Inc.