Come and join Spellyfish the jellyfish on a fun underwater spelling and reading adventure! The adorable and friendly Spellyfish will help your child learn phonics and the primary letter sounds and letter names for the alphabet. Spellyfish will also teach your child how words can be broken up into separate sounds and how the letter sounds can be blended together to form short words.
Your child will also learn how to recognize both the lower case and upper case letters of the alphabet. In addition he/she will learn about the starting sounds of words and how the ending sounds of words can make some words rhyme with each other.
Spellyfish 'A' words is aligned with the US Common Core State Standards for building foundational skills in reading for Kindergarten.
It teaches the critical phonological and phonemic awareness skills children need for obtaining literacy in both reading and spelling.
Your child will learn how to spell consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words that contain the letter 'A' and the short /a/ sound. This includes words such as cat, sat, van, etc.
Recommended ages: 4-6
Watch the demo video at goo.gl/TZ9dxP
- Winner of the Gold Mom's Choice Award.
- The iPhone Mom (5/5) - "Every so often, an app comes along that I instantly love and know is going to be a winner with my kids. Spellyfish – Short A Words was one of those apps. This app has it all: Fantastic graphics, wonderful animation, educational content and FUN!"
- FunEducationalApps TOP PICK - "I look at Spellyfish- Short "A" Words, and I see an app that has been designed by someone who knows how to teach beginning readers. - Julie Peterson SLP
- Smart Apps For Kids (4.5/5) - "This app is an absolute necessity for any teacher or parent of a kindergarten or first grade student (or students spelling at the early level.) It very effectively teaches letter sounds, basic spelling, and even vocabulary.
- AutismPluggedIn - "This is surely going to become one of my go-to apps when it comes to recommending spelling programs, and you should definitely try it out!"
- The iMums (4.5/5)
- Kids App Reviews (4.5/5)
- All words are beautifully illustrated.
- Words are presented and used in context by the adorable and friendly Spellyfish!
- An introduction list guides students on how to use the app.
- Word lists organized by rhymes (rimes) and onsets.
- A powerful phonics hint feature breaks each word down into individual phonemes and then presents the allowable graphemes that correspond to each sound.
- The hint feature also contains contextually relevant spelling rules that help explain “how to spell” English words.
- A unique letter by letter feedback system provides feedback while the student is in the process of spelling each word.
- Supportive scaffolding guarantees success on every word.
- Supports up to 40 user accounts for classroom and family learning.
- Tracks your child's progress to allow you to see at a glance words that he/she has mastered and words that require further practice.
- Export & email student progress reports.
- Resumes from where children last left off.
- Presents both upper and lower case letters.
- Presents both letter sounds and letter names.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps
We care about your child's privacy.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads.
- Does not share any data.
- Does not track your child's location.
- Does not contain In-App purchases.
- Does not contain links to social media.
- Does not contain push notifications.
- Contains in app links to view a safe enclosed version of the developer's website for additional information, support and teaching tips.
- Contains child protected links that allow you to : "email the developer questions" and to rate the app.
Updated for iOS 13.1
Fixed screen layout issues on some newer iPhone models running iOS 13.1.
Notes et avisTout afficher
Great for working on Rhyming
This app will be a great addition to teaching rhyming words. There are 4 different short 'a' word families available within this app.
I like that the phonic sounds of each letter are stated when you select a letter.
I also like that the words that are being worked on are used in a functional sentence so that you can hear the word in context.
- Pyxwise Software Inc.
- 117.3 Mo
Nécessite iOS 8.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch.
- © 2013 Pyxwise Software
Prend en charge
Si vous avez activé le partage familial, vous pourrez partager cette app parmi six membres de votre famille.