SPEND, SAVE AND SHARE WITH ZERO FEES
Manage your money with the STACK app and use it everywhere with our reloadable Mastercard. STACK is a completely fee-free spending account that combines the flexibility and rewards of a credit card, with the cash-only security of a debit card.
Open your app-based account in minutes and join the tens of thousands of Canadians who took control of their money.
Manage Your Finances
● Get instant spending notifications
● Track how much you spend each week or month on things like groceries and transport
● Set up weekly budgets to cap your spending
● Round up every transaction to turn spare change into savings
Canada’s Best Travel Card
● Spend money all around the world with no foreign exchange fees
● Withdraw money and you’ll only pay the local exchange rate
● Use STACK anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide
Instant Rewards. Social Sharing
● Earn cash rewards when you spend with your favourite brands
● Capture and share your stories on our custom World Stream
● Discover how STACK members are savings with STACK
Payments Made Simple
● Tap and pay to speed up your daily transactions
● With Samsung and Fitbit Pay, everyday purchases are fast and convenient.
● Send and request money from friends and family at the touch of a button
● Split the bill with friends and family and we’ll take care of the math
Safe and Secure
● Freeze and unfreeze your card from the app any time, any place
● Protect your transactions with Mastercard zero liability protection
● Protect your deposits with Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
● Real-live human customer support
● No credit check when signing up!
● Get your free account in minutes
Want More STACK?
- bug fixes + performance enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
3+ months and loving it.
I dealt with customer service on 2 occasions and it was thru apps chat. Simply superb. I had issues resolved within minutes. I’m using this card more and more. Random perks just keep coming. I can’t say enough about how good of an experience I’ve had with this app and the card itself.
Developer Response ,
This is what we looove to hear! Great to see how much you're enjoying our offers! More to come =D
Worst experience activating my card!
It’s a pain to activate this card. Once received they set you up with a random 4 digit pin. And I did change the pin to my personal one. Tried shopping with it twice, pin got rejected. Then called up customer support, then I was informed that I should take it to an ATM machine and check balance to activate it. I did try that, but none of the ATM machines had an option to check my card balance.
But since the pin got accepted at ATM, tried another transaction at store. Failed again and account got locked after 3 attempts.
Called up support, then was informed this funny concept. That not all ATM machines support balance check.
And they asked me to go keep trying different ATM machines until I find that option or do a transaction. Funny part is, they initially give u only $20. And to perform a transaction at ATM , then minimum is $20 and on top of that they charge $3 fee. So in total the transaction of $23 failed as I don’t have that balance.
Indirectly these smart guys are making us load the card (minimum load is $50).
For the Stack team: It was so frustrating to go around hunting ATM machines that would do a balance check and even after 6 different ATM (all leading banks) , I failed to do so. And I’m no way doing a top up on card that has such poor process and of course zero clarity.
Goodbye Stack and I’m going to ask my friends whom I referred (should never have ) to stop using Stack!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, apologies for the delayed reply. We're very sorry to hear your experience with us wasn't so great - please note we have made many changes to our card PIN process to make it a lot smoother since the you last tried using our service. Please give us a call at 1 (877) 782-2501 and once of our agents would love to be of assistance to you and answer any questions you may have.
Use at your own risk
Hard to take a fintech company seriously when they lead with that.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for posting so we can help clear this up. We don't think of ourselves as a middle man for your money - we’re more of a digital account technology that has innovative features to let you spend, save, share and move your money in brand new ways. Your money itself is held by our banking partner, Peoples Trust, a regulated financial institution. We don’t actually ever hold your money ourselves. If anything were ever to happen to STACK, all of the funds you’ve deposited are protected by People Trust and would be returned to you.
For the sentence you quoted in your review, there’s a paragraph before explaining that the liability there is related to (and we don’t want to get too technical here, but…) how we’re not liable for things like intellectual property rights, third-party rights, etc. based on your use of STACK. This would only come up in some pretty extraordinary circumstances and, even though we don’t love legal language, it’s a standard protection that companies include in their terms of service. Let us know if you’ve got any more questions!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.