The most realistic sky map to observe stars, planets and constellations!
Stellarium Mobile Sky Map is a fully-featured planetarium for your phone. It shows a realistic and accurate night sky map, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
The sensor control will help you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on iOS featuring:
• a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
• a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
• asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
• artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
• realistic Milky Way
• realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
• accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
• 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
• night mode (red)
• GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
- Fix a bug on some phones with magnetometers.
- Fix UI for notch on iPad Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
Not very good
I’m not seeing any kind of compass to tell me where to look to find what is on screen not very intuitive I’m gonna eat the 4 bucks and go to starwalk2. Save your money folks
Does not line up with the stars
When you use the cell phone to find STARZ they don’t lineup. The moon is on the far left of the sky but it indicates that the moon is on the far right. This app needs to be updated to line up to the positions of the stars.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about that. Can you tell me what phone you are using? Also could you send me a screenshot of the bug, so that I can try to reproduce it?
App no longer works
When it worked, it was good. App now immediately closes when launching. Even after hard reset of iPhone and re-installing app, problem continues. Please release update fix.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.