Top 100 free app for over a year.
Rated "Best Sudoku Game of the Year" by Apple.
Rated #9 Game of the Year by Apple.
Rated #24 App of the Year by Apple with over 10,000 apps competing!
With unique handcrafted puzzles across four different skill levels, Sudoku (Free) is a great introduction to the fun and puzzle solving challenge of Sudoku.
All options are on by default, but you can turn them off in the Options menu
• Show Incorrect :: Shows incorrect answers in red.
• Smart Buttons :: Disables the number button when that number is completed on the game board.
• Smart Notes :: Removes the number from the notes in the box, column, and row that contains the cell with your correct answer.
• Multiple color schemes
• Unique handcrafted puzzles
• Four different skill levels
• Challenge a friend
• ALL puzzles are solvable WITHOUT guessing
• 4 color schemes
• "ALL notes": tap the "All notes" button on to show all the possible answers for each square. Tap the "All notes" button off to remove the notes.
• Hints: shows the answer for the selected square or a random square when one is not selected
• Pause the game at any time and resume where you left off
• Best times, progress statistics, and much more
Do you want more? Try one of our other versions of sudoku which have all the same great features!
* Look for our paid edition of Sudoku with 800 puzzles and more unique color schemes.
* Or try Color Sudoku for a fun twist to solving sudoku puzzles.
* For advanced puzzle solving, try Expert Sudoku to challenge your sudoku solving skills.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good game with one annoying bug
The gameplay is great, quick and intuitive. I'm pretty quick at the game, and the interface never gets in the way. My only complaint is the advertisement on the main page. I have no problem with the developer wanting to make a bit of money from the app, but if the device is connected to a network but NOT to the internet (sometimes my internet connection dies), it'll just hang on the startup screen. It feels awfully self-serving to prevent me from using your app just because you want to make a dime. However, it works fine when the device isn't connected at all, so you can turn off WiFi temporarily in your settings if you're having problems launching the app.
As well, one of the recent updates hid the top bar with clock, network status, and battery life. I'm not sure why they'd do it as the saved space really isn't used for anything useful, but it is annoying because I often play a game or two while I'm killing time waiting for something, and having to quit the app just to check the time is a pain. You can resume where you left off, but it's just an extra inconvenience for no reason.
One thing that would be cool is a radial menu, where you can tap and hold on a square, then stroke up/down/left/right to select a number. It would make games, particularly the easier levels, a lot faster. I'd also like to see a Karuko version by the same developer, since all of the Karuko apps around here that I've tried are much harder to use.
I prefer a paper copy of sudoku, but this is pretty close second. You can make notations as you figure out each puzzle. Straight forward puzzles with varying degrees of difficulty and if you don't already know the rules, there are instructions.
Helps with technique
I'm playing this daily due to oldness. I want to learn more deductive technique and this app helps
- Red Key Software Corporation
- 21.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2017 Mighty Mighty Good Games
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.