Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with macOS Mojave and Scripting support!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 25 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
Fixes a crash when clicking on the note button on the Default Layout to edit the contents of a Note field that has been set to be plain text.
• Added support for setting the colour of a Rating field on a custom layout. Use the colour button on the Text toolbar to set the selected Rating field’s star colour.
• Added support for setting a Note field to be a Plain Text Note. Tap Forms will then display all the content in a Note field using a single font and size.
• Fixed bug where you could still paste into an Auto-Increment field on the multi-column list view.
• Fixed bug where if you entered a value into a field on a custom layout and then clicked on a Pick List value (radio or checkbox), Tap Forms would lose the value entered into the field.
• Fixed a crash when saving (hence closing) the Location field map window on macOS Sierra.
• Fixed bug where Tap Forms was not taking into consideration the search term when setting up the calculations popup button.
• Recognize Nearby sync for display on documents list.
• Worked on label printing position issue when starting off in a different column.
• Fixed crash hiding sections on photo grid view.
• Fixed sorting issue where Tap Forms wasn’t remembering the sort direction on File Attachment fields.
• Fixed bug where duplicating a form wasn’t selecting the new form.
• Support for smaller font sizes on the multi-column list view.
• Fixed hang problem when determining if the auto-complete should appear or not in the Script Editor. It would hang when typing a quote character or when just entering in quote-space-quote.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan
Ratings and Reviews
The simple database for which I'd been looking
This is the tool that got me off of mis-using mySQL. It's a terrific, accessible database. I used it as a private Foursquare type app to track locations for a while. I keep all the movies, games, and books I've finished in here. I have a DB of restaurants and cafés to which I'd like to go.
Only negatives: syncing needs to be simplified. I find the process confusing, and there's not enough information about what's happening when you try and open a cloud-synced DB for the first time. The UX for making predefined values for a field feels wrong (not a helpful description, I know). And I feel like it's missing a tags field type, although just using semi-colon separated keywords works okay for me.
Don't let these negatives put you off. This is very likely the Bento replacement, or Access-but-works-on Mac you're looking for.
Good product to use
very good product to use, support is veyr good.
There where a few bugs when the new TF5 came out but are being taken care of. I think this program is far easier to use than any other considering how much you can do with this program compared to others and ther is a lot of stuff I don't do with this program. I have over 800 records from inventory/parts list, log haul records, campground sites, daily notes, equipment maintenance, euipment info, book library, pin & passwords. Sometimes it would be nice to contact support with a phone call instaid of using email, but the suport is still very quick to get a response and any isues I had were quickly resolved
Easy, solid, fun, nothing like it
I have switched to TF 5 when my previous Data Base was discontinued. I easily set it up and transferred my clients files. It has evolved to a mature piece of software I can always rely on. Its developper has been very helpful when I needed him. I have over 1800 clients for whom I keep medical type datas. The only feature I wish for is the possibility to post transactions, so they become locked. Keep my fingers crossed that it will appear in a near update. Keep up the great work! Love your product and will use it for years to come, I am sure.
- Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- 22.5 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.