Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. If you'll like to try Tempo out before purchasing, download Tempo Lite for free now.
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
Tracker and Automator
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Up to 2 bars of voice count in
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Loop and auto advance through setlists
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes
You can now change the app icon from within the app, including the previous icon design.
Ratings and Reviews
Use it with 16th notes at 25 bpm with last two notes silent to practice holding tempo. Helps detect when I’m slowing or speeding up. Will I land on the “one?”...
Love this app!
Very simple to use. Are use it every day. It’s an essential part of my practice
Tempo is very versatile
I had not drummed for 18 years so when I restarted working with a band I remembering the tempo for songs I was not familiar with I had trouble nailing the tempo. This is when I discovered Tempo app. I listed the tunes in set order & this help me substantially. I no longer need it for rehearsals or live situation so now I use it for practicing the 40 rudiments & excercises as well as to improve my reading skill. I list all of these practice routines including the BPM for each. As I improve I increase the tempo & this has encouraged me to keep improving and is much more efficient to keep track of my current BPMs for all my practicing.
Thanks to Tempo for helping accelerate my skills as a drummer.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack $1.39
- Theme Editor $1.39
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.