TextSniper - OCR, Copy & Paste 4+
PDF, Screen & Image to text
TextSniper is an easy-to-use desktop Mac OCR app that can extract and recognize any non-searchable and non-editable text on your Mac's screen. As an extra feature, it can turn OCR text into speech. It is a super convenient alternative to complicated optical character recognition tools.
The tool is intuitive to use and makes extracting text from your images, scanned paper documents, PDFs, or even videos easy. No training or special skills required, fits perfectly home and business mac users. Easily accessible from the menu bar whenever you need it and has a simple user interface.
If you ever have used a built-in mac's screen capture application before, then it wouldn't be any trouble to work with TextSniper too. Select with a mouse any part of an image, photo, PDF document, or anything on your screen, and the app will process and recognize any text within this selection. The text output will be saved into a clipboard, so you could paste it into your favorite macOS text editing or note-taking software.
Finally, the app's optical character recognition engine doesn't need an internet connection to process documents. Great OCR solution for those who are concerned about privacy. The application does not collect any users' data.
• Convert different image formats to text (JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc...).
• Pull text from a non-searchable PDF file without a need to process the whole document.
• Read text from images, PDF documents, photos, Zoom meetings, or any other sources.
• Copy text even when it is uncopiable like in ebooks or web articles.
• Quickly extract emails, links, phone numbers, etc.
• Grab text or turn it into speech in video games.
• Read QR or barcodes.
• Quickly generate alt text from the screenshot for tweets.
• On-device OCR technology. No internet connection is needed.
• Instant text recognition. No need to upload files into the application. OCR document or file on the fly.
• High accuracy and performance processing any documents.
• Recognizes even tiny text on images with low quality or dense background.
• Customizable. Custom keyboard shortcuts to extract text with various options.
• You can have TextSniper speak the recognized text whenever you need it.
• Supports optical character recognition in multiple languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
• Running macOS Catalina: English language only supported.
• Use your iPad or iPhone device camera to quickly capture text from a photo or scanned document.
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur and optimised for Apple's M1 chips.
• Full macOS Ventura support.
• New recognition languages: Japanese, Korean, Ukrainian, Russian (macOS Ventura required)
• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the need to click twice the TextSniper icon in the menu bar.
• Other minor fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I do support work and I often want to select text in website drop downs. This tool allows me to do that even though if I had clicked and dragged to select text they would normally close.
I also I get many screenshots from customers containing text that I need to search for in logs, etc, and it's a huge timesaver to be able to select the text with this tool and be able to search right away instead of having to transcribe it manually and double checking for accuracy.
I don't often leave reviews for apps but I had to take the time to share this because it's a great concept, immediately useful, and well implemented.
A real time saver
Initially thought that it was a "frill" application but it has saved me more in time and frustration than I possibly could have imagined. Finding new reasons to use it every day.
This is a must have
I'm visually impaired and sometime I have to read PDF or scanned document that are basically a large image. Voice Over can't work with those. With this app, it's a breeze to go through those.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Valerijs Boguckis
- 1.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Valerijs Boguckis
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.