Stay informed around-the-clock with world-class, award-winning news, commentary and analysis from The Globe and Mail.
• Watchlist: Create and edit custom Watchlists of key stocks directly in the app with all changes synced seamlessly to the website
• Saved articles: Bookmark your favourite articles to read later
• Audio articles: Listen to select articles via the dedicated audio player
• All Globe and Mail articles and sections, including subscriber-only features with a digital subscription
• Latest news and top stories in the home section
• Updated design: Scroll sideways, use the navigation bar or the hamburger menu to access all Globe and Mail sections
• Alerts: Opt-in to be notified about breaking news
• Offline reading: Save articles to read when you’re offline
• In-app purchase: Purchase a digital subscription to unlock subscriber-only content via iTunes
• Regular updates to ensure stability and optimal performance
Subscribe today to access all Globe and Mail content on all platforms.
• Monthly: $25.99 CAD + applicable tax
Get your first month free when you sign up for a monthly subscription
• Annual: $299.99 CAD + applicable tax
Get three months free when you sign up for an annual subscription
App Store Policy:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
By subscribing to The Globe and Mail, you agree to our Terms and Conditions: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/appview/privacy-terms/terms-and-conditions/ and
We hope you enjoy using the new Globe iOS app. If you have any questions or comments, tweet @GlobeHelp or visit http://support.globeandmail.com.
Introducing Dark Mode
Bug fixes and feature enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Good app for reliable news - text to speech a bonus
Good app with quality searchable articles with lots of content. Some articles are setup with what I believe is AI guided text to speech... Not the horrible digital voice efforts you see on some You Tube posts.
Now need to see if I can enjoy the content on my Kobo reader for easier reading at home.
The old app was fine. You could read all the content and it didn't crash. This new app is buggy beyond belief and you have a "curated" version of the Globe. I'm a subscriber. I want to read whatever I want. Just go to the website and login. This app is useless.
Nope: Terrible. I pay for this.
As a paying customer I expect good apps that are full content of what's on the website. This is brutal and eliminates the majority of the articles that I used to be able to find and that are available on the website.
Really, really bad update. Go back to the original version.
I expect more from a news service I pay $20/month for. The CBC app, which is government funded with tax dollars, is better than this and that is really saying something.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Globe and Mail
- 43.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The Globe and Mail Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $25.99
- Annual Subscription $299.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.