The MILEPOST® is Alaska’s best-known travel guide. Since 1949, the bible of North Country travel! The MILEPOST® continues to amaze travelers with its usefulness, while they travel northern highways. Now you can enjoy the same publication on your mobile or tablet device. This free app will allow you to make an in-app purchase of The MILEPOST®.
With purchase, The MILEPOST® will be delivered straight to your device—704 pages of the same great content as the print version. Because of the size of The MILEPOST® it's important to allow the entire book to download to your device uninterrupted before you begin to flip through the pages otherwise the download may become corrupt and require internet access to view the pages. If this happens, delete the data and clear keychain for The MILEPOST® app in settings on your device and download the content again through The MILEPOST® app.
The MILEPOST® continues to cover the Alaska Highway as well as all of the main road system highways in Alaska and primary routes in the western Canada Provinces, over 15,000 miles! Interspersed within the mile-by-mile road logs are nearly 700 photos, detailed maps of roads and communities, road conditions and travel tips. Within the pages of The MILEPOST® you will receive information that includes:
*Alaska Marine Highway and B.C. Ferries.
*Regulations regarding border crossings.
*Detailed railroad tours.
*Campgrounds and fishing locations.
*Museums, cultural centers and much more.
Buy The MILEPOST® today and begin planning your Alaskan adventure!
- Tap lock icon to log-in, or tap issue to purchase. Tap issue during download to view.
- Native iPhone X family compatibility
- Added New Menu: Allows quick access to all views in the app from the Issue Gallery (Hub). This will also include social media links and publisher website links.
- New Advertisers View: Advertisers will appear in the same “tile” format as seen in the “Contents View” when accessed from the new Menu.
- iOS 11 & 12 compatibility updates
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
- Native 64-bit compliant
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looks like I am having the same problem. Can't access the program on my iPad. Very frustrating.
Great content, but annoying app
The Milepost magazine has a ton of excellent and updated information for trips into the north.
However, if you think you'll get to read your already-downloaded content while you're on the road, good luck; you appear to require Internet connectivity so the app can verify your content EVERY TIME. And no, connectivity up north is spotty at best.
I found the investment in the downloaded content to be insufferably inaccessible until I had finally arrived at my destination, having passed all the interesting points the magazine wanted to guide me too.
Bought this for an upcoming trip. Paid $20 and cannot read a single page because the app just crashes when I try opening it. iPad is fully up to date. Total waste.
- MCC Magazines
- 36.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2014 Edition) $27.99
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2016 Edition) $34.99
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2013 Edition) $27.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.