The New Yorker Today app is the best way to stay on top of news and culture every day, and the magazine each week.
• Get a daily blend of in-depth reporting, political commentary, cultural criticism, and humor from the website.
• Read each week’s magazine and browse past issues.
• Receive alerts on breaking-news coverage by your favorite New Yorker writers and notifications about major pieces in the magazine.
• Flip through a nearly endless supply of New Yorker cartoons using the Cartoon Randomizer tab
• Access The New Yorker Sticker Pack: download the app, add the extension to iMessage, and liven up your texts with Christoph Niemann’s signature drawings and animations of city life
• Read articles offline and bookmark long reads to finish later
The app is free to download. Subscribers receive unlimited access. Non-subscribers may access a limited number of articles each month. Most current New Yorker subscribers have unlimited access to the app as part of their existing subscription. Subscribers with a print-only subscription may not have unlimited access. Users who have trouble accessing unlimited stories, or who wish to upgrade their access level may call Customer Service at 1-800-967-2082. All users have unlimited access to the Cartoon Randomizer, which does not count toward the article limit for non-subscribers. All users have unlimited access to the Sticker Pack, which is free to download and requires iOS 10 or above. A subscription costs $8.99 a month or $89.99 annually, and includes a 30-day free trial, after which it will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and will state the cost of renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
The New Yorker Today app requires iOS 9 or above.
Subscribers can now download full magazine issues for offline reading.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Why a 5 star
For one who understands and appreciates proper grammar, sentence structure as well as a holistic approach to capturing broad culture scriptures in a magazine...the New Yorker Magazine is the answer. #1newyorker
Great app - I’m a new fan of the new yorker
It works great, I like that it always brings me back to where I left off. The UI is clean and works without any issues.
I just wish we were able to comment on certain articles, I’d love to be able to read what other people think of certain articles and participate in discussions.
Also, it would be REALLY cool if they added reading time for each article, so that I can plan my reading depending on how much time I have.
Good App, love the Magazine.
This is from a Real liberal moderate from Canada. The person who gave this app and the magazine content one star and says he hates he magazine and says he’s Canadian is not likely to be Canadian, rather just another blind Trumpster hiding behind my flag for legitimacy.
Good Luck America, this magazine is a shining beacon amongst an otherwise bleak dystopian nightmare that is Trumps America.
- 75.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Conde Nast
- In-App Purchases
- The New Yorker Today $11.99
- The New Yorker Today $119.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.