Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly locate to-dos, headings, or tags.
• Type Travel — jump from list to list with your keyboard; just start typing!
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPAD
Things is tailored to the iPad, with excellent pro features as well. Chief among them is the outstanding support for your keyboard & trackpad. You can edit your to-dos without touching the screen, utilize plenty of shortcuts, and navigate your lists at blistering speed—just start typing!
“Things has the best implementation of external keyboard support I’ve ever seen in an iPad app.”
—Federico Viticci, MacStories
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, scribble with Apple Pencil, open multiple windows, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed, not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac, iPhone, and Apple Watch (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• The small widget now shows more information about your to-dos.
• The medium widget no longer shows list subtitles so that more to-dos can be shown.
• Deadlines is now a visible choice when configuring a widget (before you had to search for it).
• Fixed a bug where too many to-dos were sometimes shown in the small widget.
• Fixed a bug where repeating to-dos could show the wrong deadline date.
• Fixed a bug where the keyboard wasn’t automatically shown after tapping the + button if Things wasn’t already running.
• Canceled to-dos now show strikethrough, as on the Mac.
• Tweaked the icon for Someday items in Quick Find.
• Changed some deadline date formats to be more compact on smaller iPhones and the iPad sidebar.
• Fixed a bug where an incorrect date could be set when using the keyboard shortcut to bump a to-do forward by 1 week.
• Fixed a bug where a Today star could incorrectly show next to a to-do’s When in some situations.
• Fixed some glitches when navigating between notes and checklist fields using the arrow keys on an external keyboard.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when creating a new heading while a logged heading is selected.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when accepting auto-corrections in some scenarios.
New features! Widgets for your Home screen, Scribble support for iPad, new Complications for Apple Watch, integration with Wind Down, and more – available now for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7.
WIDGETS — iPhone & iPad
Things’ beautiful new Widgets live on your Home screen, right next to your app icons, where they can display any list you want. Quickly glance at what you’re doing Today, see what’s Upcoming on your schedule, stay on top of your most urgent project, view tag-filtered lists – the possibilities are endless!
SCRIBBLE — iPad & Apple Pencil
You can now scribble on your iPad’s screen and Things will convert your handwriting into text! Use your Apple Pencil to write out a list of to-dos or jot down some notes – just open Things and start scribbling. Scribble in an open space to insert a to-do, or scribble into a field where you would normally type (notes, checklist, etc.).
COMPLICATIONS — Apple Watch
We’ve added two great new complications for this release. The “Today” complication shows your next three to-dos on Infograph Modular or Modular Compact, while the “New To-Do” complication puts a handy + button on your watch face to streamline data entry.
WIND DOWN — iPhone
As bedtime draws near, your iPhone can help you close out the day and make sure you’re ready for tomorrow. You’ll see a shortcut to quickly review tomorrow’s to-dos before you go to sleep, or you can configure other shortcuts to suit your needs. Open your Health app to set this up (in the Sleep settings).
• We’ve improved the way project and to-do notes are synced. (As a result, you can also write much longer notes.)
• The Siri watch face will now show to-dos with upcoming reminders.
• The Apple Watch now runs Shortcuts, so you can control Things from your wrist. Out of milk? One tap is all you need for Things to remind you to pick some up. Create your Things shortcuts in the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
• In the Shortcuts app on iPhone & iPad, you can now select one of your tags in the “Show List” action.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Everyone needs a task manager—and Things is adaptable enough for anyone. This Apple Design Award winner is crisp and lightweight, featuring a simple but effective interface. The ever-present Magic Plus button makes it easy to add to-do’s from anywhere in the app, and organising items is as simple as dragging them where you want them. It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.
Really Great App
My only recommendation would be to have the ability to build (or have pre-built) a shortcut that lets us have Siri read off to-dos (ex. Siri, what do I have to do today? Response: “You have 2 to-dos remaining, email Zahra to ask for her login, and call your friends to save them from crippling loneliness during COVID isolation”. An Alexa skill and IFTTT integration would also be nice.
Nice interface but limited
I purchased Things 3 for iPad, iPhone and the Mac. It’s very expensive for the whole ecosystem. The interface is beautiful. That’s about it. I used it to manage my tasks for about three months. I found it very limiting.
It is easy to enter tasks. But it does not provide ways and options to flag, filter, layer, view and categorize tasks in complex ways. It is also limited to the Apple echo system and does not even offer a web based interface. It is a basic software at best, slightly above the Reminders app. Not worth the price.
I’m now on Todoist Premium subscription. Compared to the functionality that Todoist offers and also the cross platform capability of Todoist, Things 3 is nothing. It also offers an elegant interface but also rich functionality.
If you are considering Things 3, I recommend first try Todoist 3 first.
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 57.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 Cultured Code
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.