Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly locate to-dos, headings, or tags.
• Type Travel — jump from list to list with your keyboard; just start typing!
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPAD
Things is tailored to the iPad, with excellent pro features as well. Chief among them is the outstanding support for your keyboard & trackpad. You can edit your to-dos without touching the screen, utilize plenty of shortcuts, and navigate your lists at blistering speed—just start typing!
“Things has the best implementation of external keyboard support I’ve ever seen in an iPad app.”
—Federico Viticci, MacStories
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, scribble with Apple Pencil, open multiple windows, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac, iPhone, and Apple Watch (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• Improved performance when processing changes.
• Improved the ordering of to-dos when their appearance in a list results from setting a deadline.
• Improved the behavior of keyboard selection after moving or scheduling to-dos (it’s now more like the Mac).
• Added explicit confirmation prompts when removing reminders in situations where their removal had previously been implicit.
• Deferred saving changes made in the tags window until tapping Done.
• Fixed a bug where completing a repeating to-do via a notification could fail.
• Fixed a bug that prevented the tags popover from being dismissed after choosing a tag to filter by.
• Fixed a bug where, when revealing a repeating to-do via Quick Find, an area’s “later items” section would not automatically expand.
• Fixed a typo in the alert displayed when Things detects that the database has been replaced from another device.
• Fixed some animation glitches that could occur when launching the app.
• Fixed a grammatical error in the German localization.
• Various other improvements under the hood.
This update accompanied our big 3.15 update for Mac, bringing universal support for Apple Shortcuts – plus wide-reaching performance improvements, support for international keyboard layouts, and more.
Things for Mac now integrates with Apple’s Shortcuts app! It works just like it does on your iPhone and iPad, so any shortcuts you create will simply work on your Mac as well. (Requires macOS 12 Monterey.)
MAJOR PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
Over the past months we’ve put a ton of work into improving performance. This involved a massive unification of Mac & iOS code and a redefinition of how lists operate under the hood. The resulting speed boost will be most noticeable for those with very large databases and many projects, but the app will be generally snappier for everyone.
There were also a few situations where Things would behave differently on Mac & iOS. As an added benefit, our work on code unification eliminates such quirks, providing a more consistent experience across devices.
INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARD SUPPORT (iPad & Mac)
With the release of iPadOS 15 and macOS 12 Monterey, keyboard shortcuts can adapt to your specific keyboard layout. Apple’s own apps have adopted this behavior on iPad and Mac, and we’ve now built it into Things.
If you have a US keyboard, your shortcuts won’t change. On non-US layouts, shortcuts involving letters will mostly stay the same. Shortcuts involving special characters will now be easier to type, and some that were previously impossible to use can now be typed for the first time!
To see the new shortcuts for your keyboard layout:
• On iPad, hold down the Cmd key.
• On Mac, simply browse the app’s menu or go to Help > Keyboard Shortcuts.
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone needs a task manager—and Things is adaptable enough for anyone. This Apple Design Award winner is crisp and lightweight, featuring a simple but effective interface. The ever-present Magic Plus button makes it easy to add to-do’s from anywhere in the app, and organising items is as simple as dragging them where you want them. It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.
What I've been looking for
Things 3 is exactly what I need. The way things processes tasks with its Today view and context tags is exactly the way I think about my tasks. Its touch interface is slick and intuitive, and it has so many keyboard shortcuts that you never need to touch the screen to do anything. It integrates with everything from Siri to email so you can add tasks in any way you like, and on top of all of that the UI design is gorgeous. Plus a dark mode with options for Dark or Black! Best $30 I've spent in a long time.
Developer Response ,
So glad to hear that you like the feature we've added in Things 3! Thanks for leaving a review!
Nice interface but limited
I purchased Things 3 for iPad, iPhone and the Mac. It’s very expensive for the whole ecosystem. The interface is beautiful. That’s about it. I used it to manage my tasks for about three months. I found it very limiting.
It is easy to enter tasks. But it does not provide ways and options to flag, filter, layer, view and categorize tasks in complex ways. It is also limited to the Apple echo system and does not even offer a web based interface. It is a basic software at best, slightly above the Reminders app. Not worth the price.
I’m now on Todoist Premium subscription. Compared to the functionality that Todoist offers and also the cross platform capability of Todoist, Things 3 is nothing. It also offers an elegant interface but also rich functionality.
If you are considering Things 3, I recommend first try Todoist 3 first.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 54.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2022 Cultured Code
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.