Essential TIDES tool for sailors, divers, canoeists, fishermen, surfers, swimmers, photographers and anyone involved with sport or leisure at the seaside. At the push of a button Tides Planner allows you to see tides for 8,000+ WORLDWIDE locations. NO CONNECTION REQUIRED as the app has its own database.
One tap to tides for your favourites. Advanced users can take advantage of extensive tools to calculate time windows for entering/leaving and clearing depths.
- Tidal graphs
- Week ahead tide table
- Minimum/maximum depths
- Chart depth/actual depth
- Standard port information
- Spinning globe for rapid location search
- Search by name
- Time of sunrise/sunset, dawn/twilight
- Moon phases, rise/set
- Date of spring/neap tides
- Notepad and copy/paste + email
- Favourites and recents
- Scrolling scales
- Coefficients (France)
- Currents (UK, Ireland, North Sea, Netherlands and parts of the German coast)
From version 3.0 enhanced predictions for Europe based on our own constituent analysis system. Other countries to follow.
Worldwide coverage. Some countries have time limits from the national Hydrographic Office.
The app gives access to all its features, but the free initial download is limited to tides for one day. To get future predictions use the Extensions within the app (In App purchase):
- Year on year: use the extensions within the app (In App purchases) to enable future predictions.
- In certain countries get a Hydrographic Licence to remove restrictions.
HYDROGRAPHIC OFFICE LICENCES
During a valid year:
- Italy, USA, Canada (main ports), Australia, New Zealand, Japan and other countries: ANY DAY in the year.
- Denmark, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Oman, Argentina: SEVEN DAYS at a time.
The following can be extended with a Hydrographic Office Licence to remove country restrictions:
- UK, Ireland, Germany and all UKHO ports: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Netherlands: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Belgium: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- France and SHOM ports: from one day to ANY DAY.
Each Hydrographic Office Licence is ONLY PURCHASED ONCE and applies to all Valid Years.
Imray: publishers of nautical charts, books and apps. Look out for other applications in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/imray_charts
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
Predictions are based on the harmonic method, using constants from the Hydro offices (UKHO, SHOM, NOAA, BOM, CHS etc). There are differences between the app predictions and the official Hydro office tide tables, as these are based on large numbers of constants that are not made publicly available. The Hydro offices consider the harmonic methods used in this product appropriate for navigation.
Always consult tidal curves and take into account local weather (pressure and wind) and swell conditions, which can have a very significant effect on sea water levels.
New December 2018
- Coefficients 2019
- Tides 2020
Ratings and Reviews
The best and most reliable app among this category
Very useful app but...
I use it on a constant basis as a live reference but always combined with proper written tidal documents.
Great tool but I noticed some slight difference in water level & important time differences between actual CCG ( Canadian) tides publications and prediction in TP that ranges from a few minutes to +/- 35 minutes in some locations for the past 3 years.
Still using it as a quick reference once I know the daily variations.
Tides Planner: Newest update crashes
After purchasing the 2016 data update it crashes repeatedly, now will not open or run at all on i-pad with IOS 7.1
Worked fine prior to recent (paid for) update. When I contacted them they knew about the problem. Their solution was to use an older version, which has last year's tide table data.
- Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- 104.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Tides 2013 $2.79
- Tides 2012 $2.79
- Tides 2014 $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.