Trailforks is a trail database with 400,000 trails. Users can contribute data and then local trail associations have the control to approve & curate the data.
- The largest database of mountain bike trails in the world, including thousands of biking related POI's
- Offline trail maps and info. Region updates are incremental and fast
- See your GPS location on the map, for trail navigation
- Record your GPS location during ride creating a track
- Display trail & route elevation profiles and 'scrub' along them to see the location on the map
- View local routes that users have created
- View trail logs from users and discover how to explore a new trail
- Automatic trail routing from your location (or nearest parking lot), to the trailhead of your choosing
- Sync and view your saved plans from http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/
- Follow race course routes including colored stages and checkpoints
- Lookup region & trail info including routes, photos, videos & more
- Use your phone’s compass to orientate the map in the direction you’re facing
- View trail status & reports! Always be informed of up-to-date trail conditions & closures
- Submit trail reports & conditions from the app, including taking photos of trail issues
- Support the areas you ride, by donating 'Trail Karma'
- View nearby bike shops on the map, quick links for directions or phoning the shop
- View trails on map color coded by popularity
- Mountain biking heatmap!
- View custom worldwide topo maps designed for mountain biking with contours
The Trailforks app is your mobile companion to the http://www.trailforks.com website. It allows you to download offline trail maps for use on your rides!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Add new activity types for recording your adventures
- Add ability to delete your account
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Support Apple Watch
Do something that Strava doesn’t. Allow us to use an Apple Watch to record health metrics WHILE showing map navigation on the phone.
Heck, go even further, display the heart rate and calories burnt from the watch directly on the phone too so it’s easier to read while riding.
Useless unless Pro
Great app for the first 7 days, then your free trial expires and the app essentially bricks itself. Useless without a paid pro subscription. Absolutely abhorrent to charge for material that was, and is, free. Use a browser to view the same maps from the Trailforks website and save yourself some money.
Best trail app
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fireroad Holdings Inc
- 197.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Trailforks Mapping Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Trailforks Pro $35.99
- Trailforks Pro Early Adopter $17.99