“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request an Uber, reserve a carshare, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time*
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) View transit schedules and route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and surge) for nearby Ubers, and book in two taps.
10) View availability and book cars with Communauto and other local car-share services.
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Calgary (Calgary Transit*)
Edmonton (Edmonton Transit*, St. Albert Transit, Strathcona County Transit, Pogo)
Halifax (MetroTransit*, CarShareHFX)
Kamloops (BC Transit)
Kelowna (BC Transit)
Kingston (Kingston Transit*)
London (London Transit)
Montréal (STM*, RTL, STL*, AMT*, Ville de Sainte-Julie, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, CITs, Bixi, Auto-mobile, Communauto)
Ottawa/Gatineau (OC Transpo*, STO*, VRTUCAR)
Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit*)
Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway*, Brampton Transit*, MiWay*, Burlington Transit*, Oakville Transit, Durham Region Transit, Bike Share Toronto)
Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries)
Waterloo (Grand River Transit*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in 50+ other cities worldwide including:
- In an effort to make our app more readable, we’ve updated our greys
- Meet our beautiful grey children: “space grey” (#494B52), “rainy grey” (#5E6A82), and “silver grey” (#B0B9C2)
- Only 47 more shades of grey to go before the big surprise
- That: and an easier way for y’all to buy bus tickets in border towns…
- We’ve divvied up the Leafs and Sabres fandoms: no more prompts for bus tickets in St. Catharines, ON when you’re in Buffalo, NY (and vice versa)
- Same goes for Richmond, CA and other Bay Area bus sailors: we’ve got a better knack for whether you’re buying fares for AC Transit vs. Vine Transit vs. Soltrans
Annnnd… that’s pretty much it! (Plus some bug fixes, cuz we love ya.)
Rate us five stars to unleash the gray-hounds.
Ratings and Reviews
Whether you’re commuting to work, or hopping a metro in a new city, Transit is your indispensable guide to public transit systems, car- and bike-share services, and more. In addition to live trip-planning updates, Transit will tell you when to leave and give exact step-by-step directions to get you where you need to go.
Thanks to this app, I won’t seem like a tourist in my own city :’)
Love the bug fix messages. I don’t usually read update messages but with you guys it’s worth it. You’re great! Keep doing whatever you’re doing.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- 172.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Transit App
- In-App Purchases
- Transit Royale - Annual $24.99
- Transit Royale - Monthly $4.99
- Transit Royale - Monthly $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.