TrashTalker is a handy and entertaining application that gives you a sound board for the macOS speech synthesis engine. Many voices are pre-installed with macOS and therefore automatically available through TrashTalker.
TrashTalker is the latest rendition of application formerly known as STP. This application has been enjoyed through the years by DJs, kids calling their friends and other folks too.
Newer features include:
- Custom text boxes can now be saved and thus are automatically pre-loaded when TrashTalker starts.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow rapid triggering of custom text entry speech.
- The random phrase list can be edited, saved, exported and imported (added by request of DJ users).
- Speech rate can be adjusted from insanely slow to pointlessly-fast.
- Record System Default Audio-In to file.
- Manage available voices more easily than in the past, as TrashTalker now directs you to where you can configure system-wide TTS voices.
- Request new features, send feedback and get some help via the menu bar.
This release of TrashTalker brings various iterative improvements:
- Add/Remove new Voices more easily now that Trash Talker Preferences guides you to where you manage voices in System Preferences
- Record Audio to file from the System Audio-In channel
- Send in your feedback for feature requests (etc)
- TrashTalker icon refreshed for modern times
- Minimum version of macOS supported has switched from 10.6 to 10.9 due to audio recording requirements
- Various under-the-hood improvements
Ratings and Reviews
- James Snell
- 16.1 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 James Snell
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.