Type Fu is an app that will teach you how to type fast. The right way. On your Mac.
Visit type-fu.com for online demo.
****** TYPE FU FEATURES ******
• UNIVERSAL. The app is suitable for all age groups and skill levels. You can be a beginner, intermediate or advanced typist. Even if you took typing classes before, but it never sank in, Type Fu will help you refresh your skills and take them to the next stage instantly.
• PACKED WITH ENGAGING EXERCISES. Type Fu is fun to use! Lessons vary from simple letters, numbers and words to proverbs and quotes of great thinkers of the past. Basic lessons (letters, numbers, words) are generated programatically so that you will never see the same exercise twice.
• MULTIPLE LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY. Should you start from the very beginning, or do you want to just polish your type-fu a tad? Figure out your initial skill level and start practicing right away, until your fingers are a blur!
• MULTIPLE KEYBOARD LAYOUTS. English language users can choose between following layouts: Qwerty, Dvorak, Colemak, Workman, Norman, Qwertz, Azerty. German language users can choose between: German Qwertz and Swiss Qwertz layouts.
• ADAPTIVE. Type Fu is smart: when you are making an outstanding progress, it can automatically increase the level of difficulty to keep you on your toes while improving the skill.
• VISUAL AND AUDIO HINTS. Type Fu assists in a non-obtrusive way. Various indications of hitting or missing the right keys are helpful, pertinent, don't get in the way and can be disabled.
• EASY PROGRESS TRACKING. Type Fu helps you perfecting the skill of touch typing by visualizing your progress. You will be able to easily tell from the pretty charts exactly how much better your typing speed and accuracy become, and which keys your miss most.
• FULLY INTEGRATED WITH YOUR MAC. Get the top-notch user experience offered by Mac computers. Type Fu supports Retina displays, process sandboxing, automatic updates via Mac App Store and full-screen mode.
• PAY ONCE, USE ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE. The app does not require recurring payments and constant network connection unlike online typing tutors. Once you pay for it, it's yours forever. Educational instituations and companies can buy multiple licenses with 50% discount via the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
- Upgrade to Electron 4 runtime
Ratings and Reviews
Now works on 10.12
App now works as advertised. Still looks a little dated and doesn’t seem to have much punctuation included in the exercises.
Otherwise, works well and has nice performance statistics.
Developer Response ,
Type Fu 4 was rewritten from scratch to follow modern flat UI design patterns.
The new version allows you to practice any characters that your keyboard can produce, including punctuations and various special characters like @#$%.
For programmers there is a new section with computer code. I have also added an editor that allows you to create your own custom exercises.
Great update… a great way to get your typing up to speed.
Great Little Typing Tutor
The key to mastery in any skill is practice, practice, practice. And that’s exactly what this program will give you, in spades. It’s not bloated with useless bells and whistles, 1990 graphics, and boring lectures. It simply presents you with practical typing exercise of increasing difficulty. The graphics are simple but more profession and modern than I’ve seen on most typing programs.
This approach will not be for everyone. Some may prefer more varied activies along with games, likely younger children in particular. However, if you’re looking for an efficient may to learn or improve your typing, look no further.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.