Note: This app supports only in-app custom keyboards! For a fancier version which also supports iOS 8 and later custom keyboards, check out the Unicode Pad Pro app!
• Tested on latest iOS 11
• Support for Unicode 11 standard
• Copy characters to clipboard for use in other apps, like web, mail, chat, notes… practically any iOS app!
• Notepad with customizable keyboards, for your often-used characters and for copying several characters at once. Great for casual writing, too!
• Share your custom keyboards with your friends!
• Send mail and tweets right from within the app!
• Huge selection of symbols (thousands), in fact all that are available on your device. Database itself actually contains data for all Unicode characters (over 100,000), but only glyphs available in iOS system font are actually visible.
• Quick acces to many groups of commonly used symbols!
• Search for characters by name, hexadecimal codepoint or glyph! Find similar and related characters instantly!
• Streamlined design, specifically optimized for each device. Support for all device orientations and Retina display.
• Support for Backspace, New line, Shift and Alternate special keys on custom keyboards.
• Custom keyboard sizes up to 6x16=96 keys.
• View extended character descriptions on Wikipedia, right inside the app! This works particularly great for emoticons!
• One universal application works on iPhone, iPod and iPad!
• Reference booklet of characters available on modern computers! Paper Unicode maps are over 1000 pages long!
• Developers: see which characters are available on your iOS device!
• Great for scientific, mathematical and physics notation, handles many superscripts, subscripts and other symbols!
• Excellent for phonetic notation!
• Perfect for writing Unicode poetry!
• Awesome for making interesting app names!
• HTML entity names for relevant characters
• UNIHAN english definitions for CJK ideograms for many characters
• Flick left and right for next and previous characters in detail view
• Affordable price!
• Support for Unicode version 11
• Display glyphs in Private use Areas
• Drag and drop support on iPad
• Improved compatibility with iPhone X
• New pinch gesture in catalogs to change the font size
• Updated BabelStoneHan and Unifont fonts
• Added some Noto sans fonts
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Some of the characters don't copy properly. Instead of the character a box shows up. Need the entire alphabet for the small raised vertical characters above other letters.
Very Well Done!
The Unicode Standard is very complex and collecting all the data and testing for device-specific support, code point by code point, is a daunting challenge. While I have not tested it extensively, it appears to be pretty accurate. Kudos for that...
Exactly what I've been looking for.. It has EVERY character possible on the iPhone.. If that wasn't enough their all categorized in an easy and fast layout.. So great.. Thanks guys! Just a few of my favorite! ☣☢☠☬☫⚔⚜✯✠༄༒གྷ
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.