Videostream lets you stream local videos (downloads, etc.) from your computer to your Chromecast or Android TV in full HD! This iPhone/iPad app will remote control Videostream, which is an easy-to-use Chrome app (Get it for free at www.getVideostream.com). Enjoy your videos on the big screen!
We're working as fast as we can to make Videostream amazing to use. We want to let you wirelessly stream your videos hassle free, WITHOUT installing a media server! Non-techies, this is the Chromecast app for you!
Contact us directly with ANY problem! We'll fix anything and troubleshoot with you to avoid a bad review :) Just go to www.getVideostream.com
The mobile app is free! No upgrades here or purchases.
* The fastest set up of any Chromecast media streaming app for your computer
* Simply pick video files you want to watch on your TV
* No need to run a "media server" that makes your computer run slow
* You don't need a computer degree to use it
* Can play many video formats including mkv, avi, mp4, and more!
* Actually uses video streaming and NOT screen mirroring
Currently we support:
* Full support for MP4, AVI and MKV files (and 450+ others!)
* Android TV (Sony, Sharp, Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield)
* Mp3 streaming
* Photo display
* Full 1080p streaming of downloaded videos (including 3D videos!)
* Volume control
All streamed from your computer (Mac, Windows, Linux) to your TV over the Chromecast! Videos also work on the Nexus Player (and other android TV devices).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s ok, could be better
It works most of the time, but there needs to be a way that it will pick up your movie from where you stopped it.
Great Canadian app. Makes playing my computer downloads via chromecast so easy from any room/screen in the house! My only request - I wish the mobile app had a resume video option (like the desktop software), as it restarts to the beginning every time. In a perfect world, the app would play my music files as well, but I guess she’s aptly named ;)
Hilarious and useful
You guys are really freaking funny. Reminds me of the sims back in the day with the fake loading info. And the quotes about movies... hahaha! So funny. Keep the jokes coming.
The app itself is pretty great too. The only problem I have is that sometimes it can’t find my chromecast and other times it can’t find the computer. When it does connect properly it works really well. It’s just a crap shoot to if it will actually work or not and for that I give four stars.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.