Designed for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV, this app keeps you informed with award-winning national and international news coverage — along with striking photography and informative graphics that bring stories to life. Intuitive browsing and a streamlined design allow you to seamlessly navigate through stories and enjoy in-depth reading. Free to download, subscribers enjoy unlimited access.
• INTUITIVE NAVIGATION: Easily browse through and between sections.
• EASY VIEWING: Swipe or scroll through articles, then select and read full stories.
• STREAMLINED DESIGN: Enjoy an uncluttered, engaging reading experience that makes it easier to find—and read—the stories that matter to you.
• IN-DEPTH READING: Immerse yourself in stories where the focus is on storytelling—enhanced by bold photos and graphics.
• AWARD-WINNING COVERAGE: Stay informed with award-winning national reporting and expertly curated stories.
• FREQUENT UPDATES: Stay connected 24/7 with breaking news and other important updates throughout the day.
• NEWS ALERTS: See images, headlines, and short excerpts of articles right in the expanded notification view.
• 3D TOUCH SUPPORT: Get a sneak peek at top headlines, right from our icon using Quick Actions.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access starting at just $9.99/month (first month FREE).
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $9.99 each month ($14.99 for premium subscriptions) unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• FREE TRIAL: Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON POST
Experience The Washington Post in all forms. Check out our other apps: “Washington Post” for a traditional digital reading experience with all of our content and “Washington Post Print Edition” for a digital replica of our print newspaper.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Perhaps more digging is called for. When was the last WP scoop on Mr. Prez?
Easy navigation, quality journalism
Navigation is far easier than our other digital news subscriptions. As a result, it’s the first one I click on in the morning. I use the others as a news counter-balance.
Quality journalism makes for intelligent reading.
Started one or two versions ago. Crashes 50% of the time. Very frustrating.
Developer Response ,
We are working on fixing the app crashing, please continue to update to the latest version to receive fixes. If you are continuing to have problems, please contact us from the app's settings, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Washington Post Company
- 97 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Washington Post, 2015-2019
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Digital $13.99
- Apple News (monthly) $7.99
- The Washington Post $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.