Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using FaceTime, Photo Booth or Skype on your Mac.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt - Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.
• Add support for macOS Catalina (10.15).
• Add support for Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam.
• Add support for Logitech BRIO Webcam.
• Remember last used webcam when app launched.
Ratings and Reviews
No option to simply rotate or flip horizontal/vertical.
Not even under “Advanced” settings.
This should be a basic setting.
This feature would make it 5 stars for me.
Works great for external USB Cam
I needed it to tweak around with my external webcam, since it wasn't adjusting exposure correctly. It recognized it immediately - my webcam is a random brand too which shows its versatility. The adjusted features work great in Skype, Zoom, and others.
Do note though, it DOES NOT work with the built in FaceTime camera of the laptop, at least for me.
No zoom for iMac FaceTime camera
I just purchased this application for my new iMac. Unfortunately, I didn’t read the fine print. There is no zoom function for a fixed camera - not even a digital zoom (which is what I thought I was buying). Very dissappointing application.
The developer, Mactaris, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Liang-Hsin Chen
- 1.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Mactaris
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.