Welcome to Alberta is a settlement mobile app designed to help immigrants and refugees to achieve a smooth and successful transition into their life in Canada.
The mobile app will help newcomers to be able to access information on immigrating to Canada in a centralized fashion.
Currently it features the following, but will be updated with additional information and translated into different languages in the near future. It currently features three different categories:
1. To - do list: Welcome to Alberta has prepared a list of things to do for immigrants who are: Pre-arrival, 2 weeks after arrival and 2 months after arrival. These to-do lists include important things to prepare or do when arriving in Canada. The to-do lists also feature an option for everyone to add in their own to-do items.
2. Overview of Canada and Alberta: Another aspect of the mobile app is an overview of Canada and Alberta. In this section, you are able to find general facts about Canada and Alberta.
3. Current important information: Welcome to Alberta also hosts current important information in a centralized manner. These categories will include phone numbers, addresses and up to date information about topics that are geared towards newcomers.
a. Important documents
b. Finding a place to live
About Immigrant Services Calgary
Since 1977, Immigrant Services Calgary (ISC) has been providing a wide range of settlement services to immigrants and refugees looking to begin a new chapter of their lives in Canada.
Our aim is to reach newcomers in a timely and responsive manner to facilitate a smooth transition, proper settlement and successful integration into the Calgary community. We work collaboratively to ensure our clients have access to programs and services that can help them overcome the challenges that come with immigrating to a new country, thus setting them up to succeed in their new life in Canada.
Improvements and bug fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great innovative tool
Welcome to Alberta app by ISC is a great tool to help new immigrants to Alberta. It helps them in searching various resources and services available in their area, right on their smartphone and thus helping them make Alberta their home with easy guided steps.
Very useful i formation
The ISC app provides substantive information on Settlement Services to newcomers in Alberta as well as provides them the knowledge on the important things they need to know when moving to the province and prior!
These services are explained in a simple and understandable way especially for people that might have a language barrier!
This app is a great source of information for newcomers to Alberta! Highly appreciated.
Wow...very helpful app for new immigrants and even non immigrants. One stop shop having everything in it. Makes the unexpected bit more easy to deal with! Thank you...still helpful though missed it while I landed!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Immigrant Services Calgary Society
- 51 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Immigrant Services Calgary
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.