Big Sur Ready. Please enable location services for WiFi scanner in macOS Catalina, Mojave, Big Sur. See FAQ # 10 https://www.accessagility.com/faq-wifi-scanner
Using WiFi Scanner you’ll see nearby wireless access points and their details, including channels, signal levels (RSSI), noise, channel width, and MAC address, signal quality, maximum data rate, encryption, and much more. Also includes upload and download speed testing to quickly measure and analyze WiFi Internet performance problems.
“…your wireless router is fighting for spectrum with its neighbors, potentially slowing you down and making your Internet experience less pleasurable. ...WiFi Scanner helps you solve this problem by showing you all the access point(s) nearby, and suggesting the best configuration settings to get the most out of your router.” -- MacWorld
Simple, fast wireless network discovery of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac access points. WiFi Scanner is great for determining the best position for an access point at home or in the office. After selecting the best position, the optimal channel to use can be determined by selecting the least used channel resulting in improved WiFi speeds.
▪ Simple, fast wireless network discovery of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac access points.
▪ Connect to detected networks using join button
▪ Full support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks
▪ Support for all channel bandwidths (20, 40, 80, and 160 MHz)
▪ Display detailed wireless network parameters: network name (SSID), signal level (RSSI), MAC address (BSSID), signal quality, channel, maximum data rate, encryption, etc.
▪ Display changes in signal level over time in graphical form.
▪ Filter list of detected wireless networks by specified parameters (SSID/network name, channel, channel band, signal strength)
▪ Display wireless connection statistics in the form of graphs and tables.
▪ Give each access point a custom label
▪ Export results to comma separated value (CSV) files
▪ Generate summary reports in HTML format
WiFi Speed Testing
▪ Upload and download WiFi speed testing
▪ Use speed testing feature to troubleshoot WiFi networks
▪ Auto run speed test when client roams to different access point
▪ Auto repeat speed test with wait time between tests
"Who's On My Network" (IP Scanner)
▪ Fast IP scanner that detects unknown devices connected to your WiFi network.
▪ Detects hostnames, determines the MAC address, and in some cases can auto-detect device type (phone, laptop, router, etc).
▪ Configured icon for discovered devices is saved for future scans.
▪ Scanning results can be saved to CSV file via menu export option.
▪ Great for finding WiFi "Piggybackers".
Advanced Features (supported by some access points)
▪ Display access point name if configured by network administrator
▪ Display number of devices connected to each access point
▪ Display channel utilization
▪ Display if 802.11r is enabled and type
▪ Display if WiFi protection mechanisms are enabled
Help and Support
▪ Included Help clearly explains features and all app screens
▪ Email: email@example.com
▪ Twitter: @accessagility
WiFi Scanner is the most feature rich and complete WiFi scanning app on the app store and is a great tool for personal use and for IT professionals. All features available on 10.7 and later (Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra. Use WiFi scanner to find WiFi dead zones and select the best configuration for your WiFi access point / router to prevent video buffering.
For questions, feature requests, or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via Twitter @accessagility.
- Additional improvements for Catalina
*** Please enable location services for WiFi scanner in macOS Catalina or Mojave. See FAQ # 10 https://www.accessagility.com/faq-wifi-scanner **
Ratings and Reviews
Wores well in 10.10 but not in Yosemite 10.10.1
Something needs to be updated. Today I downloaded Yosemte 10.10.1. Yes this is beta. But it doesnot seem to scan.
Since this beta has a note “WiFi focus” I suspect something inYosemite changed.
Once this is resolved, I will be a useful tool once more.
Cannot even open it...
Mac Mini M1. Latest system (11.3.1). Cannot open the app, it keep ssaying the app is damaged, I should delete and redownload the app (which I did countless times)
Was my favourite tool
Before upgrading to Catalina this was my favourite tool, easiest visualizations to show what channels were most congested.
After Catalina upgrade, it seems to be incompatible with Dark mode, and even when in Light mode it only shows the SSID I'm connected to and no others. Completely broken now unfortunately.
Developer Response ,
Please enable location services for WiFi scanner in Mac OS Catalina or Mojave. See FAQ # 10 https://www.accessagility.com/faq-wifi-scanner
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- AccessAgility LLC
- 13 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © AccessAgility LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.