Taking calculus? Then you need the Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant. This definitive app for calculus—from the world leader in math software—will help you work through your homework problems, ace your tests, and learn calculus concepts. Forget canned examples! The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant solves your specific Calculus problems on the fly including step-by-step guidance for derivatives, integrals, and much more.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Calculus I, and Calculus II:
- Evaluate any numeric expression or substitute a value for a variable.
- Plot basic, parametric, or polar plots of the function(s) of your choice.
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value.
- Differentiate any function or implicit function.
- Find the critical points and inflection points of a function.
- Identify the local and absolute extrema of a function.
- Integrate a function, with or without limits.
- Sum a function given a lower and upper bound.
- Find the closed form of a sequence or generate terms for a specific sequence.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great, but the Wolfram Alpha mobile app has better value in my opinion. This is due to the fact that these course assistants are limited to one subject whereas the WAlpha app can do anything. One thing that could be improved is if some sort of CAS was included so that derivatives etc. could be solved offline.
I am disappointed. Most of the time it does not understand what the input is, although its very clear and simple. It does not support multi tasking in iPad. And the build of the app is cheap. It’s doesn’t feel like a paid app.
Also I hate when you make a mistake by forgetting a bracket for example, if you click the compute button, it’s going to give you an error and you have to rewrite the whole thing, instead of just editing it.
Great for Calculus class
This app is a great tool to help you in calculus. It even shows the steps so you can understand better
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.