Writer’s Digest has been North America’s leading publication for working and aspiring writers since 1920, showcasing the latest in industry trends, expert craft instruction and inspiration straight from publishing professionals, accomplished writers and bestselling authors. Every issue is packed with techniques for succeeding in every genre, must-have insider information on the business of getting published, tips and tricks for getting creative and staying motivated, interviews with the most successful writers dominating bookshelves and bylines today, profiles of top literary agents and editors and what they’re seeking, and much, much more.
The Writer's Digest Magazine Subscriptions available:
A single issue for $5.99 (non-subscription)
1-year subscription for $19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of your purchase.
At F+W Media, we want to make sure our applications enhance your crafting experience. Our expert, helpful customer service team is always standing by to answer your questions, help you with any technical issues, and hear your suggestions for making our applications even better.
If you have any issues with or suggestions relating to functionality of the iPad app itself, we want to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address your concerns.
New & Improved App Features:
• Optimized for your Device: Enjoy a seamless reading experience, built for your iOS device
• Offline Reading: Download issues to your device to read them whenever and wherever you want, even without an internet connection
• Bookmark & Share: Bookmark articles to read later, or share them with your friends
• Text to Speech: Listen to your favorite magazines and all of your articles on the go
• Issue Alerts: Be the first to read the latest issue with new issue reminders
You will need to sign in or restore your purchases and download your issues again. Further instructions can be found within the app once updated.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Paid for a year’s subscription and only received a few copies. Nothing avail after Dec 2014. CANNOT get through to the company. DO NOT BUY UNTIL THEY FIX THIS!!!
Two Quick Suggestions
I haven’t used this app enough yet, but I’m willing to try it more (I’m really not a fan of Zinio).
There are many things that can improve the user experience, but I won’t comment there yet. It feels like this app was written by someone’s kid who knows how to write a basic iOS app but is clearly not a professional developer.
1. Use your WD logo for the app icon. What’s there now looks like a default grab that Safari makes for an icon when saving a web link to your desktop. It’s truly terrible. Why didn’t you use your logo in the first place? It’s gorgeous, instantly recognizable to anyone in the know, and it’s your brand.
2. Change the title on the icon to something that fully displays — and displays well. What we see is, “WRITER’SDIG...” The icon I have on my for a saved webpage link to my WD Tutorials subscription fully displays “WD Tutorials” without truncation. WD, WD Mag, and WD Magazine are all shorter, so each should fully display.
These two items, alone, make me question the authority of all the articles you publish on “building an author platform” and any other marketing. People really do judge a book by its cover, and I keep passing over the icon for this app when quickly scanning what I have on my iPad. This just looks like a bad, default save-to-desktop icon.
Once I use the app more, I’ll add more. There are many user experience basics missing.
This app gets the basic job done, but it truly feels like an absolute minimal effort.
- Active Interest Media, Inc
- 126.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Active Interest Media
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Subscription $27.99
- Writer's Digest Magazine Free Sample Issue
- Writer’s Digest November/December 2013 $8.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.