A Unique Light, Sound & Cognitive Therapy For Alzheimer’s Disease And Dementia
• Use 40Hz light therapy alone or combine with brain games
• You favorite cognitive games designed for people with low computer skills: Sudoku, Tic-Tac-Toe, Clocks, from very easy to challenging
• A personalized Life Coach that includes Guided Meditations, Exercises, Daily Planner, and more
New research suggests that light and sound delivered at a certain frequency —40 flashes or clicks per second — appear to restart the natural 40Hz gamma rhythm of the brain, improve the brain functions and diminish toxic levels of Alzheimer’s-related proteins.
Separately, research has also shown that cognitive exercises could have a major effect on improving memory. The synergistic combination of light, sound and cognitive therapy utilized in AlzLife has the potential to improve the brain’s function better than either of these therapies alone.
HOW IT WORKS
AlzLife delivers a combination of 40Hz light therapy, 40Hz sound therapy, cognitive exercises, and a personalized Life Coach in a single, easy-to-use, convenient package.
SCIENCE BEHIND THE PROJECT
The most recent research about light therapy for Alzheimer’s disease appeared in the journal Cell in 2019, entitled “Multi-sensory Gamma Stimulation Ameliorates Alzheimer’s-Associated Pathology and Improves Cognition.” Researchers from MIT found that when mice engineered to exhibit Alzheimer’s-like qualities were exposed to flickering lights and 40Hz sounds for one hour a day, their brain functions improved and toxic levels of Alzheimer’s-related proteins diminished. In addition, the 40Hz sound appeared to improve cognitive and memory skills.
HOW TO USE ALZLIFE
We recommend using your AlzLife app for one hour a day. The MIT research shows significant improvement after only one hour of light and sound exposure. If the 40Hz gamma frequency flicker is too bothersome, start using the app with the light therapy settings set to a minimum. Most people will get used to the flicker over several sessions. If you stop noticing the flicker, you may want to increase the intensity within the app’s Light Setting. The best recommendation for any therapy is to use it in moderation and make adjustments based on how you feel.
The game portion of the therapy was specifically designed for memory and cognitive improvement. Start the cognitive therapy with games you are familiar with, then continue with as many games as possible. We recommend starting at an easy level and slowly increasing the game difficulty to a level that is challenging but not uncomfortable.
The light therapy function of AlzLife requires the refresh rate of your device’s screen to be a multiple of 40Hz. At this time, the list of devices with the required refresh rate only includes iPad Pro models released since 2017 that support 120Hz. All other devices (including all other iPhones, iPads, smartphones, and laptops) operate at 60Hz. Frequencies other than 40Hz have not been shown to produce the same therapeutic effect.
The FREE version of AlzLife provides access to light therapy, sound therapy and easy level of each game. More challenging levels require a tuition. The most popular tuition plan is $79.99 yearly and pays for the development of new cognitive activities that are added each month.
• Tuition will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Tuition automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renewal by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that plan.
Full terms of service can be found at https://www.alz.life/terms-of-service/
We’re listening to your feedback and working hard to improve AlzLife. Here’s what’s new:
- New Cognitive Assessment tools with longitudinal visualization
- 40Hz Sound Therapy (in addition to 40Hz Light Therapy)
- A new Clock Game
- A new Memory Game
- A new Progress Tracker
- A personalized Life Coach that includes:
- Guided meditations to help you relax
- Powerful exercises to help you stay in shape
- Daily Planner with a personalized checklist
- Conversation starters to provide ideas for lively conversations
- ALZHEIMER'S LIGHT, LLC
- 38 MB
Erfordert iOS 11.0 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone, iPad und iPod touch.
- Freigegeben ab 17+ aufgrund folgender Inhalte:
- Häufig/stark ausgeprägt: medizinische/Behandlungs-Informationen
- © 2019 Alzheimer's Light LLC
- Monthly CHF 10.50
- Yearly CHF 85.00
- Lifetime CHF 200.00
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.