*You must own a Synology NAS to run this app. To get the full features of DS cloud, the version of the Cloud Station running on your DiskStation should be 4.0 and above. Versions starting from 2.10.4 would only support iOS 8 and onward*
DS cloud is the mobile counterpart of Cloud Station on iOS devices. You can select the folders on your DiskStation that you wish to sync to your mobile devices, and make them available for offline viewing anywhere you go. DS cloud also allows you to decide how you'd like to sync: you can set the maximum file size as well as the types of file you wish to sync for each folder.
Find out more features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > Solutions > File Syncing
1. Updated Synology's terms and conditions for EU data privacy compliance.
2. Optimized the compatibility with iPhone X and iOS 11.
3. Terminated the support for the built-in PDF editor. Users can still use third-party apps (e.g., Adobe Acrobat Reader) to smoothly edit PDF files and save them to DS cloud.
4. Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be optimised
This is a good app for me and I‘m using it for all my documents.
There are some points however that could be optimised (they are stones on my way, given my use cases) and this is why I only give 3 stars.
1) couldn’t the app remember where we were the last time we accessed it? It’s really annoying to always have to go through the full path each time we want to share a file with DS Cloud. I can’t have only 2-3 folder levels.
2) why is it impossible to share more than a single file at a time with DS Cloud? That’s really a missing feature! I know I can do it through Drive, but this app was more difficult to use some time ago and I forget to use it.
3) why can’t we have an off-line mode? Closing the connection will delete all locally synchronised files. I understand that Drive is providing an on-line access to my files, but I also like to have a local copy. DS Files does it better, I know. The availability of DS Files, DS Cloud and Drive makes it somehow difficult to know what is for what exactly. They all 3 have their advantages and drawbacks. Maybe only one app that merges the 3 would make it easier for the users?
No update since long long time
App scratch, try to reconnect and never work. No face id
Why don’t you maintain your products apps? It’s a pity since sinology products are excellent. Maybe try to maintain better mobile apps
- Synology Inc.
- 79.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Synology Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.