ABOUT THIS GAME
Welcome to Myst: a starkly beautiful island, eerily tinged with mystery and shrouded in intrigue.
Journey to Myst Island and other stunning, long dormant locations - called “Ages”- and begin to unravel the mystery you have been thrust into. As you learn what happened on the island, you will find that you are playing a key role in an epic story whose ending has not yet been written. Explore deeper connections in these stunning and surreal Ages, uncover a story of ruthless family betrayal, and make choices that will affect both you, and the world of Myst itself.
Built from the ground up, Myst is teeming with new art, new sound, re-imagined interactions, and even optional puzzle randomization. Finally... the highly anticipated modern Myst experience has arrived!
Now you can explore the Ages of Myst in a new dimension!
NEW AND REQUESTED FEATURES
For the first time in Myst’s history, enjoy the game in many different languages through localized UI, including dialogue and gameplay-context subtitles.
- A variety of accessibility options to assist in gameplay.
- Tired of taking notes? Now you can take photo captures in-game to keep track of what you’ve encountered!
- All MacBook Pros released since 2018
- All iMacs released since 2019
- All iMac Pros released since 2017
- All MacBook Airs released since 2018
- All Mac Pros released since 2019
- All Mac minis released since 2018
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: I bought Myst when it first came out in 1993. Can I get a free upgrade to this new version?
A: Thank you for your support over the years! We are not giving out free upgrades to previous purchasers of the original Myst. We put a lot of effort into making this new version of Myst and would appreciate your financial support again!
Q: Does this version of Myst support VR?
A: This version of Myst does not support VR, as the platform itself does not support it.
Q: I want to play Myst, but am concerned about my computer not meeting the minimum requirements. What should I do?
A: If your machine does not meet the minimum requirements and you still want to try Myst out, we recommend enabling one of our supersampling options through the graphics settings menu to see if it alleviates performance concerns. Depending on the storefront you purchase Myst from, you may be able to qualify for a refund through the store (not through Cyan support) if Myst does not run well on your platform. Please review each store platform refund policy for details.
Q: Will Myst support [insert language here] one day?
A: Possibly! We’d love to hear from you through our support team about any languages you’d like for us to support.
Hey all, Patch 4 is here for Myst! This one is less meaty than Patch 3 (if you haven’t seen it yet, we added CLASSIC VIDEOS mode in that patch!) but still contains some stability fixes we were able to make within the week. Please beware -- spoilers ahead!
- Generator room lights now turn on like the original Myst did when you enter the generator room. CA-CHUNK, CA-CHUNK, CA-CHUNK! (if you're an OG Myst fan, you could probably "hear" that)
- There are now bats that fly through the Selenitic tunnel when you turn the lights on for the first time. Spooky!
- Fix for Channelwood spiral staircase tree having its bark look separated from the middle of the tree when on Low effects settings.
- Fix for in-game photos sometimes looking oddly cropped if you take an in-game screenshot while engaged with a puzzle or the library bookshelf.
- Fix for the Stoneship beacon light on the top of the lighthouse not being visible while the player is under the umbrella.
- Fix for the half page in Stoneship being completely black when held at particular angles (it should be a bit brighter now in those circumstances).
- Fix for the half-pages being torn on the same side regardless of which side (front or back) you’re looking at. We had a good laugh about that one.
- (SPOILER) Fix for the fireplace code reminder videos not playing when in Classic Videos mode.
There are still plenty of issues we are hoping to fix within the next few weeks, some of the hot-button ones being:
- (SPOILER) Some Macs with Intel GPUs will crash when linking to D’ni.
Some more features we’re looking to add soon:
- Subtitle size changing ability.
- Localization for Russian & Polish languages. We already have our localization partner looking into this.
- Subtitles for Classic Videos. This is going to take some time as this will require some time to write up the timing + words in the format Unreal Engine prefers, and put that text through another localization pass for every language we support.
Thank you to everyone who has reported issues with crashes on startup after enabling certain menu options, or even on the first attempt to start the game. In most cases, ensuring your Mac meets our minimum spec will resolve the issue.
If anyone encounters any crashes or other issues, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- “About this Mac” page of your machine,
- The contents of your /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Epic/Myst/Saved directory, and
- Details of the bug, with any repro steps if possible.
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Der Entwickler, Cyan Worlds, hat darauf hingewiesen, dass die Datenschutzrichtlinien der App den unten stehenden Umgang mit Daten einschließen können. Weitere Informationen findest du in den Datenschutzrichtlinien des Entwicklers.
Keine Daten erfasst
Der Entwickler erfasst keine Daten von dieser App.
Die Datenschutzpraktiken können zum Beispiel je nach den von dir verwendeten Funktionen oder deinem Alter variieren. Weitere Infos
- Cyan Worlds, Inc
- 9.9 GB
- Erfordert macOS 11.5 oder neuer.
- 9+ Selten/schwach ausgeprägt: Zeichentrick- oder Fantasy-Gewalt
- Copyright © 1993, 2021 Cyan Worlds, Inc., All rights reserved. Myst is a registered trademark of Cyan Worlds, Inc.
- CHF 29.00
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.