A powerful yet simple podcast player, with Smart Speed, Voice Boost, and Smart Playlists to help you listen to more podcasts in more places, try new shows, and completely control your experience.
Overcast is a modern, fully featured audio podcast player with many useful features in a simple, intuitive interface:
- Download podcasts for playing anytime, even when offline.
- Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get personalized recommendations.
- Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
- Receive optional notifications when new episodes arrive.
- Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
- Download podcasts over cellular, set a sleep timer, or use Voice Boost to enhance and normalize speech volume.
- Adjust playback speed, and use Smart Speed to shrink silences and pick up extra speed without distorting the conversation.
- Apple Watch app with standalone podcast playback
- CarPlay support
Overcast is ad-supported. If you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to remove ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for Overcast Premium is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
- Improvements to the Add Podcast directory
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overcast really loves podcasts. You can tell. Everything here has clearly been the result of a lot of podcast listening, and the result is an app that does everything you want to do without unnecessary features or unnecessary fuss.
by far the best podcast app on the appstore
Best audio podcast app, navigation so and so
I use and continue to use this app for its audio features: removal of background noise, emphasize of speech audio, play restarting from a few seconds before la speech.
- the navigation is completely custom and not always intuitive
- to download a file when in cellular, you need to start playing it?!? Then you can download it and stop playing it
- finally, what drives me completely crazy, often new episodes are published but you can’t play or download them because clearly there is a server component used to check for new episodes and send notifications. Problem: often this server part is slow in responding and you want half an hour (or even one/more hours) refreshing...
- Overcast Radio, LLC
- 15 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014–2020 Overcast Radio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Overcast Premium CHF 10.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.