SBB Mobile: your personal travel companion for public transport.
Want to know ahead of time if your train will arrive on time? Want to have quicker access to your ticket during ticket inspection? Want to be able to find your way better at the station and have reliable map information? We have good news for you! SBB Mobile can do it all. And much more.
The heart of the app is the new navigation bar with the following menu points and content.
• Plan your journey with a simple timetable search via the touch timetable or use your current position as the origin or destination, locating it on the map.
• Buy your ticket for the whole of Switzerland in just two clicks. Your travelcards on the SwissPass are applied.
• Travel particularly affordably with supersaver tickets or Saver Day Passes.
• Save your trip and we will provide you with all the information you need during your journey under ‘Single Trips’: everything from departure and arrival times, platform information and service disruptions to train formations and walking routes.
• Set up your personal commuter route under ‘Commuting’ and receive push notifications about rail service disruptions.
• The app accompanies you from door to door as you travel and you will receive information about delays, disruption and interchange times via push notification.
• Check in, hop on and head off – across the entire GA Travelcard network.
• EasyRide calculates the right ticket for your journey on the basis of the routes you travelled and charges you the relevant amount subsequently.
Tickets & Travelcards
• Show your public transport travelcards digitally with SwissPass Mobile.
• It also gives you an overview of your valid and expired tickets and travelcards on the SwissPass.
Shop & Services
• Buy regional transport tickets and Day Passes for the GA Travelcard area of validity quickly and easily without searching the timetable.
• In the ‘Services’ section, you can find lots of useful links about travel.
• Straightforward access to your personal settings and our customer support.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch:
Data security and authorisations.
What permissions does SBB Mobile need and why?
For connections from your current location, the GPS function must be activated so that SBB Mobile can find the nearest stop. This also applies if you want to have the nearest stop displayed in the timetable.
Calendar and e-mail
You can save connections in your own calendar and send them by e-mail (to friends, an external calendar). SBB Mobile requires read and write permissions to be able to import your desired connection into the calendar.
Access to the camera
SBB Mobile requires access to your camera to take pictures directly in the app for your personalised touch timetable.
SBB Mobile requires internet access to search the timetable as well as for ticket purchases.
To support offline functions, e.g. station/stop list, connections (history) and purchased tickets, SBB Mobile requires access to your device’s memory (saving app-specific settings).
· General bug fixes.
· EasyRide optimisations.
Ratings and Reviews
Pictures, advertisment and complex effects
I think it was really user-friendly until the last update in Oct. 2022.
Less is more. That’s why it’s so complicated.
The user will always adapt to the handling after some time, but that doesn’t necessary mean the usability has improved.
Developer Response ,
Good day. I regret your negative experience with the redesign of SBB Mobile. After 6 years in the "old" design and with a view to the technical challenges in the future, a redesign was unavoidable. We are convinced that with some familiarization, the use of SBB Mobile will be equally easy and intuitive. Kind regards
From good to bad
App went from good to bad, due to excessive and unnecessary design and effects.
Clearly shows that you have too much money on hands not knowing what to do.
Developer Response ,
Good day. Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the new design. I think that with some getting used to it, it will become as popular and easy to use as the previous version (which is a bit outdated since its release in 2016 years). Kind regards
Das neue Update ist eine pure Defintion eines Hirn-Dünschisses: Es werden Funktionen aufgezwungen, welche sich nicht entfernen lassen, und die Bedienung der essenziellen Funktionen (konkret Reiseplanung) einschränken/erschweren. Aber hauptsache das Ego der Entwickler und der SBB kann damit erhöht werden. Unfassbar dumm.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 326.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 SBB Personenverkehr
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.