Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easy and fun.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, Swift and C/C++/Objective-C compilers, Instruments analysis tool, simulators, the latest SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools help you create great apps
• Swift is an intuitive programming language that is safe, fast, and modern
• SwiftUI is a revolutionary new framework to create user interfaces with a declarative Swift syntax
• Playgrounds are a fun way to experiment and interact with Swift code
• View debugging shows a 3D stack of all your app's UI view layers at runtime
• Split editors in virtually unlimited ways, show previews, or choose an assistant to see related content
• Live Issues display errors as you type, and Fix-its improve your code with just a click
• Source control navigator and service integrations help you manage code across a team
SwiftUI and Interface Builder make it easy to design your interface
• SwiftUI uses declarative Swift code that clearly describes your interface
• Design canvas graphically builds UI views using the library of controls and modifyers
• Preview SwiftUI code or UIKit interfaces in different screen sizes, orientations, and font sizes
• SwiftUI code is always in perfect sync with the graphical design canvas and previews
• Animations are built using simple commands that describe the action you want to see
Professional editor and debugger keep your code front and center
• Refactoring makes it easy to modify the structure of Swift, Objective-C, C, and C++ code
• Open Quickly instantly opens any file within your project
• Data tips and Quick Look can inspect a variable by hovering your mouse over code while debugging
• Third-party app extensions can add new capabilities to the source editor
Test driven development is built right in
• Use the Test Navigator to add, edit, or run unit tests or user interface tests with just a click
• Test Assistant makes it easy to edit your code and related tests, side-by-side
• Create continuous integration bots to build and test on a server Mac running Xcode
Instruments for performance analysis
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and GPU performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Analyze your app directly, or sample the entire system with very little overhead
• Create custom instruments with unique visualizations to analyze your own code and frameworks
To test or run applications on an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Apple Watch all you need is a free Apple ID. To submit your apps to the App Store you must be a member of the Apple Developer Program. Some features may require Internet access.
Xcode 11.3.1 supports developing apps for iOS 13.3, iPadOS 13.3, tvOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.1, and macOS Catalina 10.15.2
• Addresses a bug in the storyboard canvas that could cause Xcode to crash
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Für Einsteiger schwierig
Schreibe seit 30 Jahren Software. Angefangen bei Basic, Fortran, Pascal, C, bis C++ oder SQL, PHP und andere. Habe Schwierigkeiten den Einstieg in Xcode zu finden. Bin von den unendlichen Möglichkeiten erschlagen. Bisher habe ich alle Sprachen/Umgebungen autodidaktisch gelernt. Mit Xcode ist das eine harte Nuss. Tutorials helfen schon, aber….. Ich wünschte mir eine reduzierte Version "Xcode-Light“, die höchstens die Hälfte kann, aber sehr schlank, übersichtlich und intuitiv ist.
An outdated development environment
I just say one thing: Cannot refactor Swift code. Swift is in the game for quite a while, Xcode is still not able to refactor it.
Working with the build system and settings is a nightmare when you have a lot of depencies what you usually have.
Can the interface builder get more complicated? Yes it can! Working with a team on storyboard and nib files became so messy with all the merge conficts you have, so we quit using interface builder.
Another problem is debugging contraint issues with designs done in interface builder. This is just a nightmare. So we do our UI in code with 3rd party libraries, because the constraint api is also too complicated to use.
I give two stars now, because after some years of having this feature, automatic code signing finaly works so we can use it!
Having been a software developer for over 30 years (learned z80 assembler in 1980 ish!) and worked with xocde/objective c/swift for 8, really enjoy xocde. It does what it does without getting in the way.
Note that xcode does things differently to other developments environments, that doesn’t mean it’s slow or inefficient, but it does mean adjustments to your workflow. If you do make the adjustments to your workflow then it’s delightful.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.