Looking4Cache is a app with a wide set of functions around the fascinating hobby geocaching. With direct access to over two million geocaches on Groundspeak´s Geocaching platform you can search for a box nearly everywhere.
In seconds you can store geocaches including all informations like the last logs, the waypoints and the images to your device over the direct API access (for this please read the annotation on the bottom). Or you can import a gpx file or a pocket query. All data will be stored on your device for offline usage.
Log your founds with trackables instantly or after your trip in the app. You can upload fieldnotes to the geocaching website too. And this not only for you but also for your complete team.
To save power the GPS accuracy will be switched based on the distance to your next target.
Here a list of the key functions:
- through the Geocaching Live API
- load Pocket Queries
- import own GPX files
- GCVote integration
- add Geocaches to lists
- use a lot of filers and sorts
- swipe a cache to build lists for your next trip
- Online OpenStreetMap and Bing
- Online Apple Maps
- Send coordinates to other navigation apps
- for multiple users
- with a log drafts, multiple for each log type possible
- log Travelbugs
- save logs locally
Attention: To access the geocaches you need a user on Groundspeak´s Geocaching plattform (.com). According to your membership type the amount of data is restricted. Basic Members could load 3 full cache descriptions per day and up to 6000 basic descriptions. As a Basic Member the geocache search is restricted to traditional caches. To get full access and use all functions of this app you should have a premium account.
Attention: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- When using the live map, there was a bug that required a new authentication all the time. When opening a cache the app hung.
- It is not more possible to create log texts with more than 4000 characters, because they cannot be sent.
- Caches imported from GPX files always incorrectly detected a change of the corrected coordinates in the Cache Solver.
启用“家人共享”后，此 App 最多可供 6 名家庭成员使用。