Mast is a beautiful Mastodon app built with iOS design guidelines in mind. It’s as feature-packed as it is gorgeous. With customisable content and themes, it’s most definitely the perfect choice.
The stunning timelines make reading the latest content a joy, and tapping the on-screen elements gives you a wonderful haptic response. Long-holding anywhere in the app quickly lets you toggle themes, and Siri Shortcuts let you do the same, and more. Awesome.
I've also thrown in some cool things like 3D Touch support, Today Extension, Share Extensions, iMessage Stickers, a Watch app, Siri Shortcuts, and an iPad app! I hope you enjoy using Mast.
“What is Mastodon?”, you may ask. Well, it’s a federated and decentralised social network. Think of it as email, where you can choose your provider, yet talk with almost anyone from anywhere regardless of their choices. The instances on Mastodon give users freedom to find their community, whilst allowing everyone to talk with each other with the level of visibility that they want. The content warning feature makes it safer, and the increased character count makes it far more expressible. It’s what microblogging should have always been.
If you're a fan of details, here's what Mast contains:
- Beautiful and clean interface
- Fast and lightweight
- Light mode (day), dark mode (dusk), darker mode (night), true black dark mode (midnight), and midnight blue themes (you could even set up Siri Shortcuts to do this for you magically)
- Themes and customisation
- Multiple user accounts
- Supercharged toot composition screen with a powerful media gallery, text styling options, ASCII text face insertion, instance emoticons, now playing content insertion, picture pasting, and user autocomplete
- Dedicated chat-like direct messages section
- Browse and add GIFs to toots when composing
- Powerful media app-drawer with a gallery slider, and drag-and-drop deletion
- Polls support (create, view, vote)
- Supercharged media viewer and Picture-in-Picture videos that can be dragged around
- Dedicated direct messages chat-like section
- Media galleries
- Swipe actions to like/boost/reply (swipe right)
- Swipe actions to mute/block/report/translate/share (swipe left)
- Alt image text addition and viewing support
- Pinch the screen anywhere to toot a screenshot
- Schedule toots for the future
- Filter toots
- Endorse accounts
- Translate toots
- Threaded toot conversations
- Notifications and activity
- List creation support
- View pinned and liked toots
- View muted and blocked users
- Gorgeous profiles with links
- Dynamic hashtags, related, and user search
- Content warning overlays (shake to display again)
- Dynamic history view
- Adjustable segments
- Instance emoticons display and composition support
- Account locking and follower requests
- Customisable gestures
- Multi-column iPad app
- Hardware keyboard shortcuts
- 3D Touch Peek and Pop
- 3D Touch Quick Actions
- Today Extension
- Share Extensions for Photos and Safari
- Siri Shortcuts
- Watch app with timelines and profile, works over cellular
- Cute iMessage stickers
- Joyful haptics and alerts
- Real time streaming
- Push notifications
- URL schemes
- Subtle volume indicator
- Dynamic app icon changing
- Useful settings to customise as you see fit
- Image and video audio to text conversion
- VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired
- Universal iOS app (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro)
- Supports iOS multitasking on the iPad (Slide Over and Split View)
(Requires a Mastodon account, blocks gab.com and associated domains/content from within the app by default, Mast does not appreciate or encourage hate speech masquerading as free speech)
I'm constantly evolving and crafting Mast to create the perfect Mastodon app for you. If you have any suggestions or feedback, I'd love to hear it! Come visit us on Mastodon and let’s craft an incredible toot browsing experience together.
Mastodon Developer: @JPEG@mastodon.technology
Mast will now become 'Mast Legacy', as an all-new, faster, and more powerful version of Mast is being worked on.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Never Fix the big bugs
I loved this app so much. Disappointing.
The screen always turn black when you switch to another instance.
And you couldn’t see the System Time anymore.
If you want to change a Advator or something, you also couldn’t find the upload bottom.
If you want to delete some of your Timeline, you have to delete it at least three times: once in instance tl, once in all timeline, and once in your own page.
These are what I remembered. MORE THAN THAT.
I‘m so sad, because Mast should be so beautiful and good.
- Shihab Mehboob
- 63.2 MB
需要 iOS 11.0 或更高版本。与 iPhone、iPad 和 iPod touch 兼容。
俄文, 德文, 意大利文, 日文, 法文, 简体中文, 繁体中文, 英文, 葡萄牙文, 西班牙文
- 因以下原因被评级为 17+：
- © 2018 Shihab Mehboob.
启用“家人共享”后，此 App 最多可供 6 名家庭成员使用。