120 SAMPLE ENTRIES ONLY. This free download gives you 120 sample entries from the new OALD 9th edition. You will not be able to cross-refer from these entries to other words that are in the full dictionary. To have access to the full dictionary with all features you will need to buy it via in-app purchase. *All existing users of the OALD8 app can also re-download OALD8 from the Catalogue of Dictionaries to continue using it for free.*
IMPORTANT: the price you will pay for the OALD9 in-app purchase will depend on whether you are a new user of OALD or whether you are an existing user (someone who previously bought the OALD8 app).
If you are a new user, you will pay the full price for OALD9.
If you are an existing user, you can upgrade to OALD9 for a discount.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or require any assistance with the OALD app.
Over 100 million English language learners have used Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (OALD) to develop their English skills for work and study.
Use OALD to understand what words mean, learn how to say them, and know how to use them.
With the OALD app you can:
• find over 185,000 words, phrases, and meanings - including 900 new words and meanings.
• trust the clear explanations and example sentences from the authoritative Oxford English Corpus.
Improve your pronunciation and get added listening practice
• Listen to real voice audio for words and example sentences, in both British and American English accents
• Access the high-quality audio online, or download over 116,000 sentences to listen offline
• Practise your pronunciation by listening to the audio, recording your own voice and playing it back to compare
Expand your vocabulary and produce more natural sounding English
• Learn synonyms, collocations (words which go together) and everyday expressions
• Learn the Oxford 3000 - the most important words to know in English
• Use colour illustrations to enrich your vocabulary
• Search for and study phrasal verbs and idioms
• Learn lists of related vocabulary with pre-loaded Favourites folders
Navigate quickly to find exactly what you want
• Use Full Text Search to find your word in any idiom, phrasal verb, or example sentence in the dictionary
• Click any word in an entry to instantly look it up
Organise and personalize your favourite entries
• Create lists of your Favourites, and create folders and subfolders to store them
• Export your Favourite lists
This version addresses a problem that some users have reported with downloading the full app after they have bought it. Please go to the in-app “Download Settings” if you are still having problems with downloading, and thank you for your patience.
We have fixed the incorrect colours of the speaker icons. The British English speaker icons are now blue and the American English speaker icons are red.
All your Favourites will be preserved when you update.
can’t restore on mac
I have purchase the OALD9 at the price of 218, but I can’t restore on my mac ???A messager told me no purchase found and click buy to purchase the dictionary ???IWhat what what ??? have buy it OK ?!!! Moreover I look up umami in this dictionary, the result is "a taste found in some foods that is neither sweet,sour,bitter nor salty",???,which it says nothing equivalently!!!Angery,angery,angery,sorry I offer you three star only,which has higher than your average level !can your team improve it ?
启用“家人共享”后，此 App 最多可供 6 名家庭成员使用。