Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary, part thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology makes it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
More than a dictionary, Terminology can be extended with custom actions to search the Internet and other reference apps – making it a great place to start all your searches.
Use the share extension to select text anywhere, in any app, and look it up in Terminology.
### Dictionary, Thesaurus & Search
- Offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more.
- Favorite terms.
- Word browsing history.
- Add your own notes to any term.
- Audio pronunications.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Fast, reliable, iCloud (CloudKit) sync and backup of history, favorites, notes and actions.
- Term of the day.
- Alternate App icons. (PRO only)
- Dark theme. (PRO only)
### Extensible Actions
Actions provide quick links to lookup and search your terms on websites and in other apps. Ready to use actions for popular reference sites like Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, Google, IMDb, Snopes and more, or create your own with simple URL templates.
### All the Latest Technologies
- Drag and drop text into Terminology to lookup, or drag out full text definitions and related words to other apps!
- Select alternate home screen icon!
- Share extension lets you access Terminology from a text selection in any app.
- Today widget for quick access.
- Drag and drop.
- 3D Touch support.
- iPad Multitasking/Split View support.
- Spotlight and Handoff support.
### More Features
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Visit our website for details.
- Great support for Accessibility features like VoiceOver and Dynamic Text.
### About the Dictionary
- Terminology's offline dictionary is based on the latest 3.1 version of the Princeton University WordNet project and contains U.S. English words.
We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
Fixes for a couple of crashing bugs.
Please be considerate to your previous customers
I bought this app because I wanted an ads-free dictionary app. The app improves a lot with the latest upgrade, but now you're charging more from your previous customers to remove the ads. I understand that you need to fund the app development, but doing this to your customers is just... nasty. You're going to lose your customers with it. Those who bought this app before deserve an ads-free version.
Charging again is a bad move
This is nothing personal. I understand that dev team will charge again for a new version of their app and I respect that. However you could release a new app and I will decide if I want to pay for it or just stay with the old version. You guys just cannot force me upgrade and tell me you've done a lot of work so you should charge again. This is unacceptable.
启用“家人共享”后，此 App 最多可供 6 名家庭成员使用。