Use your Mac to type on your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
Type2Phone works just like a Bluetooth keyboard: no additional app is needed.
• Use your Mac's full-sized keyboard with your iPhone and iPad
• Paste passwords, addresses, etc. from your Mac to your mobile device
• Type texts, tweets, status updates, etc.
• Reply to emails on accounts configured only on your iOS device
• Control your Apple TV
• Use a single keyboard with all your Apple devices
4th generation Apple TV requires tvOS 9.2 to enable Bluetooth keyboard support.
• Connects automatically as you start typing
• Disconnects when idle or sent to the background (optional)
• Command-Tab in and out of Type2Phone
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts for all your devices
• Copy-paste text from Mac to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
• AppleScript to automate text input
• Support for Mac OS X dictation (10.8 or later)
• Support for TextExpander on Mac
• Support for iOS Voice Over
## Get started in 3 easy steps:
• On your Mac, open System Preferences > Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is on and discoverable. Leave System Presences open.
• Start Type2Phone. Leave it running and frontmost.
• On the iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the name of your Mac to start the pairing procedure.
Please note: If your Mac and iOS device had been previously paired, you first need to undo the pairing on both ends. Have each device forget the other. Then go through the above procedure.
## Supported iOS keyboard layouts:
U.S American, Arabic, Australian, Belgian, Brazilian, British, Canadian English, Canadian French, Czech, Czech QWERTY, Danish, Dutch, Dvorak, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese QWERTY, Norwegian, Polish, Polish Pro, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Slovak QWERTY, Spanish ISO, Swedish, Swiss French, Swiss German, Thai, Turkish, Turkish QWERTZ
## Customer praises:
"Quite possibly the biggest time-saving productivity tool in my ecosystem"
5 stars by mediawolf, USA
"Muy buena app. Hace lo que dice. Es sencilla, práctica, en una palabra: Perfecto¡¡¡"
5 stars by Ruben2013, Spain
"Marche parfaitement, très utile pour taper de long SMS ou autres"
5 stars by Aalin, France
"Perfekte App. Macht genau das, was sie soll. "
5 stars by tomekiii, Germany
"I have been working with 2 bluetooth keyboards […] Now I only need one. Well done!"
5 stars by Big Voice, USA
"… my daughters are wondering how I can text back so much and so fast!"
5 stars by bt4jc, USA
Fixes a bug where Type2Phone failed to notice the initial connection from an iOS device
Great idea but good implementation
I hate typing on the iPhone, so I buy it once I see the introduction in cultofmac web site. This idea is really great, and it really works in my use. The list of keyboard layout don't have Chinese in it, so I only hope that it can support paste of Chinese characters. The award is that I can really input Chinese characters through it(provided that I switch to Chinese input method on iPhone), because the input method of Chinese on iOS uses the English keyboard layout, just like it does on the Mac OS and Windows. Paste of Chinese character is not supported, but it does't matter much.
So, one wish list for the future version:
More live interaction in the Mac app. Now, I just see the characters in a stream and have to stare at my iPhone to see real input.
Paste of Chinese characters.
Switch input method on the Mac.
One help for my Chinese friends:
尽管所支持的键盘布局中没有中文, 但是该款软件依然支持中文, 因为中文输入在iOS上(和Mac OS, Windows一样)采用英文键盘布局, 在输入前在iPhone上切换到中文输入法即可.
启用“家人共享”后，此 App 最多可供 6 名家庭成员使用。