Today young people face new challenges related to interconnectivity of people and countries around the world. The recent trends of globalization process make a significant impact on their lives, as well as the local communities they belong to. Dependency on issues in other regions, as well as increasing diversity in a local society requires rethinking, what new competences young people need nowadays. Furthermore, current trends require a more active civic participation of youngsters towards meeting challenges of the global society.
In order to be able to act towards meeting today’s global challenges, youngsters need to start thinking beyond the borders of their countries. They need to perceive the world as one community and be able to find their own role in coping with major global issues that the global society is facing today. Young people need to identify themselves not only as citizens of their country, but as citizens of the world, which means taking responsibility for the future of the global society. They need to understand the reasons of the global issues, their consequences to the European and global society and to be able to take an active civic role towards making the world more just, peaceful and sustainable.
GlobaLab mobile app is meant to create better self-learning opportunities for young people towards active global citizenship. This is a virtual laboratory which will help youngsters to explore different global issues, look for solutions, act towards a more just and fair world and share their experience with their peers.
The app will lead young people through the self-learning process based on 6-steps approach towards global citizenship. These 6 steps are the following:
• Get connected! - This step will provide young people an opportunity to explore and understand key values of global citizenship.
• Choose an issue! - This step will allow young people to explore important issues affecting their lives and choose one that interests them the most.
• Explore more! - In this step young people have the chance to investigate in-depth the main features of the chosen issue, explore deeply its causes and consequences both locally and globally.
• Look for solutions! – In this step young people will think of possible solutions to make a difference on the chosen issue, choose the best alternative and make a simple plan how they are going to implement it.
• Act! - In this step young people will turn their plans into action and record it.
• Reflect! - In this step young people will reflect on the achievements and will share their experience with their peers.
GlobaLab mobile app was developed in the frame of the project “Six Steps to Global Citizenship” (project no. 2015-1-LT02-KA205-004096). The project was funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
The European Commission support for the production of this app does not constitute endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- fix bugs
- update navigation
- remember last step of user
- The Multimedia Factory Limited
- 61.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Greek, Lithuanian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Worlds Center/ GlobaLab Project Consortium
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.