Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for more than 70 languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can even download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel!
• Text translation into over 70 languages*, for online and offline use
• Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
• Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
• Multi-person conversation translation - connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
• Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
• Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
• Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
• View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
• Share your translations with other apps
• Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
• Translate websites on Safari using the Microsoft Translator browser extension
• Speak to your Apple watch to get an instant translation
• Automatically sync translations between your phone and Apple watch
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kiswahili, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Quer'etaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, and Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, Internet Explorer as well as by partners such as Twitter, Yelp, eBay, WeChat and more.
*Some features are not available in all languages.
// Request for User Permissions //
1. View Network access
To detect whether the device is on Wi-Fi, mobile data, or not connected to a network. This helps the app know whether it should translate while online, or use an offline language pack.
2. Network access
For access to Wi-Fi or mobile data to perform text or speech translations, and download offline language packs.
To take pictures for image translations, and to scan QR codes when joining a conversation.
To translate speech.
To open photos from the device for image translation.
To open photos from the device for image translation, and to save downloaded offline language packs.
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Versatile Microsoft translator
Microsoft translator camera option - MT translated a photo of an entire A4-page Greek government document to English perfectly.
Microsoft translator microphone option - I am learning Chinese and teaching English to Chinese children. Microsoft translator can translate my very weak Chinese pronunciation to perfect English. The reverse-translate function is excellent.
I thoroughly recommend the Microsoft translator app for iPad.
Technical words and rotation
It is very useful the program to support rotate and it will be good to support more technical words especially for engineering
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 138.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.