The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts and reviews
• Flights and hotels
• Videos and images
• News, shares information and more
• Anything that you’d find on the web
Get personalised updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies and events
• Know as soon as your favourite artists release new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, straight from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Google Lens — Search what you see with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• iMessage extension – Search and share restaurants, GIFs and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension – While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content – no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard – access Google Search, straight from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emojis and more – straight from your keyboard, in any app. Tap 'Gboard' in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget – find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
It's easier to access privacy settings from the home screen. Just tap your Google Account profile picture.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad as i thought, actually i am surprised in positive way
Good for searching information, but i am missing one thing - “the print option” like google chrome has. If i found some valuable information for my disertation, i want to print this information, but i cant. Yes, i know i can do it via chrome, but why, this aplication si better.
Google Lens not working
The Google Lens icon disappeared after 5 minutes of using on my iPhone 6 (quite an old one - backup phone). Now it is no longer available, even not after phone reset (full reset). Language settings did not change - it worked with phone using Czech language.
My working phone is iPhone SE (about 7 months old). I had Google Lens working there 2 months ago, but no longer. It seems Google has some white lists / black lists of devices where the functionality is disabled.
The behaviour in Google Photos (regarding Google Lens) was very much the same.
I point Google Lens out because this is the main functionality which makes this app great (or better than e.g. any web browser). Moreover, there was a lot of marketing about Google Lens in 2018, but practically it is almost impossible to use it. Btw. many other users have exactly the same issue - just see other reviews or Google it in various forums...
hello google, can u use sharing menu same as rest of IOS, it is really annoying as u think we care about your offtopic sharing menu...youtube same... otherwie good app...
- Google LLC
- 253.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.